3: Pior jantar de sempre

pior jantar de sempre; worst dinner ever

_____________

"So, which restaurant's missing a compelled chef," Hayley asked me as I lazily wandered to the table. I don't think I'm even walking in a straight line. "Huh," I called out rather loudly. When I opened my eyes and adjusted to the light I saw a table filled with food and fruits. Suddenly, I was fully awake.

"Certainly a card I've played in the past, but I had no hand in this," Klaus said. I rushed to the table and began stuffing my face with strawberries. "Hmm. Then I guess we have Elijah to thank," Hayley said. I moved on and saw breakfast pastries and stuffed my face with those too.

"This wasn't my doing," Elijah said. "Then where did this all come from," Hayley asked then the silver platter started shaking. Klaus opened it and a bird flew out. I slowed down my eating at the sight. There was a card on it. "An invitation from our mother."

I tried to throw up the food but it was no use. It didn't spell poisoned so I went back to eating. 

...

I laid sprawled out on the neatly made bed with my stomach full. "We have enough enemies here. And now the war for our home is to be fought against my own family," Klaus said. "Your wretched mother and her disciples tried to put a knife through our baby's heart. I will happily add to the body count," I tried to sit up. Klaus smirked at me.

"You will do no such thing. Esther's a master in the art of possession. We know whose body she currently inhabits. We must decipher her intentions before she finds a host," Elijah entered. "Well, his last invitation was an assassination attempt on all her children. I think we can assume her intentions are decidedly foul.," Klaus said. "Well, then, we have this afternoon to prepare for the worst," Elijah said and he left.

Klaus smiled at me brightly. I groaned and rolled over.

...

The dinner was about to start and Elijah had Klaus and I dress up. So I put on an emerald bodycon midi dress.

"Are these outfits really necessary," Klaus asked looking me up and down. "Appearance is a way of showing respect, Niklaus. Mother will be more likely to surrender her true intentions," Elijah explained placing the wine down. "Doubt her guard will drop because I'm dressed like a bloody lawyer," Klaus said. "Well, if it makes you feel any better... you look rather ravishing," I whisper to him. He smiled and pulled me closer to him, kissing my cheek down to my neck. "We need every advantage we can get. And please stop with the public display of affection."

"You always did excel at diplomacy. Just know if she tries anything I'll tear her new body to pieces," Klaus said in between kissing the area between my shoulders and neck. We heard unfamiliar chuckles enter the room. It caused me to turn around but Klaus kept his hand around my waist.

"You two haven't changed a bit. Linens and silk can't disguise your pathetic self-loathing. And you... Despite the arrogant facade, you're still the same paranoid little boy with a new play toy every week. Full of hate... and fear," the guy said. Elijah and Klaus both looked incredibly confused.

"Forgive me. I don't believe I've had the pleasure," Elijah said stepping up. "You mean you don't recognize me? So much for the unbreakable bonds of family, huh. Always and forever indeed," he said. "It's been a long time... Finn," Klaus said, squeezing my waist tighter by the second.

"Now that the introductions are out of the way... let's eat."

Moments later Elijah had poured every wine. Klaus and I had taken a seat while the other two stood. "What an aromatic Bordeaux," Finn said. "Well, it was a challenge to find a good pairing. What wine goes well with treachery," Klaus asked me.