18: Estressada

estressada; stressed

_____________

"Hey! It's not Jazz Fest. Some of us have a toddler that needs to sleep," I yelled from the balcony to the people on the street playing music while Hope was crying in the background. My ears were still ringing after they tuned it down. I paced the room with all the noise clouding my head. Suddenly I just stopped and let out a frustrated growl with my chest heaving.

I felt calmer but I would feel even better if I could get her back to sleep. I used my magic to create a simple miny galaxy on top of her crib. Staring at the stars seemed to help both of us sleep. Me more than her since I've been sleeping under them for months. But she did stop crying and she tried to move the stars to her liking.

"You look stressed," Carlos said at my doorway, making me jump in surprise. "Ya think," I sassed. "Freya," Carlos yelled in the hallway. "Ehhh. Por que diabos você está gritando? Esta não é a casa da sua avó," I complained. He laughed. "Here. We're leaving to spend some quality sibling time while Freya watches sleepy Hope. Oh, look. She's already asleep," Carlos said.

"Okay. Where are we going," I asked. "To relieve some stress, irmã," Carlos said. He took me to a fight club. Marcel's fight club. "I'm pretty sure Marcel opened this place for vampires," I said.

"Oh well. I figured it'd be a good place for you to blow off some steam. You might feel better if you hit something. Even if it's me. Here. You got muscle and a bad temper, but I have experience with one of these things," Carlos said, picking up a wooden staff and handing me one. I leaned against mine and it supported my weight. "Why--"

Carlos made me fall down by knocking my staff down. "C'mon. You can't stay a locked up princess forever, irmã," Carlos said. I growled in frustration and stood up. "Show me what you got."

I got back up and hit him with the staff but he blocked it with his own. We kept this up as he tried to get some hits in too. I can tell he was strained to fight with objects like this. I only knew how to fight with my mouth, temper, and body.

Moments later we began fighting in the actual ring. I charged at him but he blocked me again and again then he used his staff to trip me. I grunted and stood back up. "Focus," he told me. I growled again. "Every day, I mean, every day all I can think about is ripping everything apart. Klaus being a whiny-ass cadela doesn't help. If he's upset that I dumped his bundo then he shouldn't have done what he did. And ya know, I hate myself for so easily forgiving him. But I did give him his ring back. That very beautiful expensive ring--"

"Cam, I'm not indestructible," Carlos said, dodging my last hit. "And my magic is barely coming back. It's too much," I groaned. "Well, that explains why your hair is almost the same color as mine. Well, at the roots. Wait. What do you mean... ring," Carlos asked. I forgot I didn't tell anybody about that.

"Uh, estávamos noivos," I mumbled. "Wow. Nice to know it's canceled now. Bastardo doente," Carlos huffed. "Hey!"

"You can't still defend him. Especially after beating his ass the other day," Carlos said. "I also broke a promise. Broke a nail. And left him alone. Everybody else is against him and when he probably needed me by his side the most, I let him go... Thanks for this by the way. But I gotta go," I said, rushing out of the club.

On my way back to the compound I saw Klaus and Camille. They seem to be arguing. There was no point in figuring out what they were arguing about. Klaus saw me and his face darkened. But that didn't stop him from turning back to her smirking and continuing their conversation.

...

"Oh. Good. It's my not-so-loving elder brother and my former fiance. What a nice, normal family gathering," Klaus witted. "Charming. Elijah was just catching me up on how you have no clue which one of your long-lost buddies you can trust and which one is trying to kill you," I witted back. "Well, clearly what the situation needs is more options. I assume you told her about the bloody prophecy," Klaus said.

"I was getting to that," Elijah said. "Now would be spectacular," I said sitting down on the couch crossing my legs. "Well, it appears my old mate Lucien has acquired a genuine seer, and in an effort to prove his good intentions he got her to show us some rather dire visions of future doom. It's grim stuff, really. Not for the faint of--"

"Carlos," I yelled in Klaus's mid-sentence. "Well, it depends on who's doom we're talking about because if it's yours, I think we're all okay with it. Carlos," I yelled again. "O que? O que," he said, walking slowly into the room. "Sadly, we're all on the chopping block. But chin up. This witch claims her visions are constantly evolving," Klaus said.

"Have you seen any vision, Carlos," I asked him. "Not since I turned back but it shouldn't hurt to try. Why are you asking," he asked. "Mikaelson's downfall was predicted."

"Hmmm," he hummed. Carlos lit a candle and sat down closing his eyes. "Caramba," Carlos cursed moments later. "I can only see so much. Since I haven't used magic in months," Carlos said glaring at Klaus. Kaus just shrugged and smirked. "Well, I guess we're going to this thing," I said, throwing down the invitation.

_____________

1000 words