37: Salve as crianças

salve as crianças; save the kids

_____________

We quickly got dressed as we heard Hope approaching our room. She knocked on the door just as I put my shirt on. I looked down and saw that it was Klaus's shirt. I turned around and he had my shirt in his hand. "You look-- like I'm going to--"

I opened the door before he could finish his sentence. "Mae, Pai. Something's wrong," she said. Klaus came towards the door when he had a shirt on and knelt in front of her. "I had a dream... about a bad man. He was hurting these kids and I think he hurt me, too. I feel dizzy. And my head hurts," Hope said. "I'm so cold."

I used my magic to warm her up a bit before taking her into the living room. I called Freya out to help me see what was wrong with her. I could tell it was magic but maybe Freya could tell me what caused it.

Once she was up the whole family was up. "She's never been sick, ever," I said. "This is a magical affliction. It feels..."

"Almost... cold," I said. I felt someone trying to contact me, magically. I reached in my pocket and there was a note. I opened it. "It's from Vincent Griffith. He knows what's wrong with Hope, he can cure her. But we have to go back to New Orleans," I read aloud.

I took a pen and wrote, we can do this over the phone, just give me the spell. I sent it back to him. It came back as a no.

C'mon, it's the twenty-first century. We can do everything over the phone

Not this.

That's very vague.

We're running out of space on this paper. Would you like me to send you a booklet on the reasons why?

Yes.

He didn't answer me after that. "Ugh. I guess we're going back to New Orleans," I groaned.

...

"Our Home. Once the pride of our family, now a flock house," Klaus said as we entered the compound. "Indeed, the mighty have fallen," Elijah said. "Where's Vincent," I said as I quickly rushed into the place with a cold Hope in my hands. I tried to keep her warm with my body heat and my magic but it was no use.

"Right here. Kept my word. Now the only question is whether or not you guys are gonna kee yours. As soon as I'm finished healing your kid, you got to leave the city," Vincent said. "Well, we're not gonna stay, are we? This damned city has lost its charm," I sassed. "What she means to say is that we're grateful, just... help her and we'll leave," Hayley said. "Just give us what we need and we will do so, happily," Elijah said.

"Excuse me. Okay..." Vincent rubbed his hands together and kneeled in front of Hope. "Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer..."

"Mamãe," Hope called out. I came to her and hugged her. "That's it. Your little girl's purified," Vincent said. I blocked out their conversation and focused on Hope. "Go see your papai," I told her. She walked to him but as she did birds literally fell from the sky.

I rushed to her. "What is this," Klaus asked. "I don't know," Vincent said. "Momma. Can you hear that," she asked me. "It's..."

"Whispers. Saying a name. Over and over. Kre Nah Han... Kre Nah Han."

"Vincent, what is that," I asked him. "It's a nearly forgotten dialect. It's Creole. It means the Hollow. The Hallow is coming."

"What the f--"