33: Recusa, negação

Recusa, negação; refusal, denial

_____________

"Make sure Hope is safe, okay," I said over the phone. "You're okay, sister. She's okay. You don't have to worry. Trust me," Carlos said. "I know. I know. But just for now. Bye," I said. I limped back to the compound.

Gave up a good fight but it left me with a broken leg that wouldn't heal and a bruised stomach and thigh. He didn't look too good either. I got him a black eye, broken nose, and jaw, and he's missing a patch of hair.

"Klaus? Klaus," I called out. "What is it," he sped in front of me. "Something happened and you're going to be angry but he wants you to be angry. It's ironic coming from me... b-but he's trying to lure you into a trap," I spoke. "What did he do," Klaus asked, low on patience.

"Promise me you won't fly off the handle and do something crazy. Promise me," I whimpered. Klaus looked down and lifted my sleeve to reveal the bite on my arm. "Before you lose it... Klaus, look at me. I love you. And I won't let you get yourself k-killed. M-my leg is about to give out. I'm only standing on one," I stuttered before I fell into his arms.

"I-I just needed you to know."

"I can tell you I love you tomorrow. You're not dying today," Klaus picked me up bridal style. "Imagine. This is how we would leave our wedding. But it'd be happier," I mumbled before falling asleep.

I woke back up in the parlor and my vision was blurry like my hearing. "Cam. Cam. How are you feeling," Hayley asked me. "What," I asked her, utterly confused. "Hold still," Klaus said as he approached me. "This is going to burn."

He had ointment in his hand given to him by Freya. "Can't burn more than it already does," I chuckled. He put it on a cloth and put it on my bite. "Ouch. Ow. What is that," I asked. "It's a healing salve. Motherwort, white willow bark. The recipe is over 1000 years old," Freya said. "It will ease the pain, dull the symptoms but it won't stop the infection."

"I know."

"We're going to do everything we can, Cam," Hayley said. "To that end, a little assistance," Eliah entered with Vincent. "Cam, I'm so sorry," he said. "You should be. This is your fault." Klaus got up and stalked towards Vincent. "It was you who turned Lucien into the beast--"

"Klaus, stop. It's not his fault.," I pleaded confidently. "Cam's right. We all need to work together to fix this," Hayley said. "Yeah. I think I know how to fix it. Lucien has always been obsessed with me. He made himself like me and my bite is cured by my blood," Klaus said.

"Do you think his blood can save her," Hayley asked. "It makes sense, Lucien would want that power," Elijah added. "Allowing him to lord himself over his victims," Klaus said. I know he's familiar with the topic. "Okay, so we got a working theory, now we have to test it," Vincent said.

"His blood is all over the street outside Hayley's place," I said drowsily.  "Okay, I got this one. Lucien's got no reason to be looking out for me," Vincent left. "Maybe we hedge our bets. Hope is a Mikaelson witch with wolf genes. We already know she has healing powers," Hayley suggested. "It's worth a try," Freya said.

"I'll tell Carlos to draw some blood," Hayley said and left. Everybody else left me alone there to rest. But I've had enough rest. Moments later I found Klaus with Aurora's body. He was just watching her.

"Klaus?"

"You should be laying down."

"You should be getting me food. It's the one advantage to being sick. Or we could just stand here and stare at your comatose ex."