34: Até eu ver você novamente

Até eu ver você novamente; till I see you again

_____________

"Perfect day in a little restaurant. And I can assume, this is Brazil. You really outdid yourself. If only it were real. Niklaus, what am I doing here," I asked him. "Your mother. She, uh, spoke to us--"

"Why do you seem nervous," I asked him, changing my posture. "She's quite nerve-racking. A bit terrifying in your body," he said. "She spoke to us about saving your life. In her words, "We are too moronic for your life to be in our hands and she doesn't need a bunch of failed offspring born from a failed witch to work with her," Klaus said. I laughed as he smiled.

"I mean, she's not wrong," I joked. "She came up with a cure and a plan. A quite perspicacious one at that," Klaus said but his mood dimmed. "So. What's this brilliant plan," I asked on the edge of my seat.

" You'll sleep for a year. You'll awake stronger than before and cured. But, it'll seal the fate of the prophecy. And there is a chance you might not wake up with me beside you," Klaus said. "No. I won't do it," I said immediately. "It's too late. She already injected you with it. It'll take its toll by night. So, we are to enjoy the day as newly wedded in Brazil while we can," Klaus stood up and held his hand out for me.

Tears escaped my eyes followed by sobs. "No. No. I won't-- I can't-- It's not fair. There's so much, I-- we could've done," I cried. "Let us not speak of regrets, princess. Please don't cry. We're in a perfect moment of a perfect day," Klaus lifted me out of my chair and wiped my tears with the pad of his thumb.

"Let's try to enjoy it, hmm," he whispered.

I finished whipping my tears and went along with it. I'll save my tears until the end. "Show me around, princess. This is your territory," Klaus said. "Yeah, but it's your doing," I said. "Is this Ipanema Beach. I've only been here once. The memory's a bit foggy so I must have been young. Oh, let's walk on the coastline," I took his hand and dragged him to where the water met the sand.

A man had run past Klaus, accidentally bumping his shoulder. "This is lovely, save for the incessant parade of inebriate buffoons. I should have omitted them when I conjured this," Klaus said. I chuckled. "You don't get to delete the details that annoy you. If you love something, you have to accept the good with the bad," I said.

"I prefer to shape reality to my will. It's a far better practice than simply accepting what's been offered," Klaus said. He basically deleted everybody on the crowded beach. Now, it was just me and him.

"Even you don't get to micromanage the world. I'm pretty sure that's unhealthy," I said. "It's for those who'd defy me," Klaus smirked. "I know you're scared. I'm scared too. Of what will happen when I'm gone. If I come back and you're not here anymore," I said, my voice quivering.

"I don't want to talk about this," he said seriously. "It's my perfect day. I'll talk about whatever I want. But, changing the subject..."

"Do you remember when we first met? In your own body, of course," I said and he chuckled. "Vividly."

"You were talking to me without actually talking to me. Damon was blocking the view and being an overprotective ass. You were trying to kill one of my friends. Good times," I mused.

I stopped us and stood in front of him. "Klaus. Promise me after this you-- you won't go and do something reckless. You won't resort back to your old ways. Just remember that you're loved. By Elijah, Rebekah, Freya--"

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because love will make you strong. It will make you the man you won't let others see. But I see you. And you'll have to remember that. Because I might not be here to remind you," I said, tears coming hot. It was starting to fade. Meaning the cure was working. Klaus looked away from me in realization.

"Hey. Hey, look at me. It's going to be okay. I'm going to find my way back to you. We're going to beat this prophecy. Ugh, I swear to Gawd, Klau if you leave me, I will hunt you down and kill you myself."

"I don't doubt it."

"You shouldn't."

"Cameron," he warned, seeing me getting dizzy. "It's funny. I feel like I've known you my whole life. I guess that's how you know you love someone."

"I love you."

"No. Klaus? What's that? What's happening? Oh, Gawd. It's happening," I sobbed. "Klaus. Klaus. I love you, okay. We're going g-get through this. B-but, if we-- I'll find a way to get back to you. I promise--"

"Your heart is slowing. It's part of the spell. It'll beat fast enough to keep the cure through your blood."

"I wanted to be brave. I wanted to handle this with dignity. But I-I can't. I don't want to go. I'm so scared. I need to know you'll be here when I wake."

"I'm here. I'm here."

"So much for the braze, sassy orphan, huh? When I said I was ready to die, I was full of it. I can't even go to sleep. I just wish I would've done more than completely fail as-- as a mother, sister, wife--"

"Don't you dare think that you've failed me. You stayed in my hand, fueled and quelled my rage at the same time. You inspired the worst and the best of me. And unlike all of the souls I've encountered and forgotten in the long march of time, I will carry you with me. Through life and death," Klaus said as I struggled to stand.

"This sounds a lot like vows, Niklaus. Will you get my name tattooed on your chest, even if we come back to each other," I asked him and he chuckled.

"Yes."

"R-r--really."

"Yes. Yes. I will. I'll see you again. I promise. I promise, princesa. Even if it's the last t-thing I do."

_____________

1030 words.

Y'all I cried writing this. This may seem a bit much saying as she didn't die but they don't know what'll happen to them, so...

This is the end of part one of this book. Time for part 2, the final part. Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnn.

Side note: Q/A
A lot of y'all have some questions. So this is the time to ask them. I'll reply to your comments.