Baby Steps

Here's the next part of the Emrani Family Imagines mini-series that I'm adding into this book. I really hope you all like it!

Summary: Levi learns how to walk

Warnings: Language.

-

'Finally.'

Here he was. The musician stretched as soon as he got through baggage reclaim of LAX and had collected his luggage, making his way to the arrivals lounge.

Finally, he was home.

...

Aryia heard other passengers sigh in relief and exhaustion from travelling. He would miss recording with Nick in Massachusetts but felt glad to be back. Despite taking a few days longer than expected, the recording session had been a success.

Aryia had left LA twelve days earlier, yet he felt as if he had been away for so much longer. He usually didn't mind being gone for months on end to make new music or travel the world in search of some sort of insiration for a new song, but everything quickly changed once his son was born.

<<<

Levi was the perfect blend of both yours and Aryia's traits. He had Aryia's dark hair and your gorgeous eyes.

Time seemed to be passing by too quickly; it seemed like it had only been a few days since Levi had been born, but it had already been over an entire year. Aryia couldn't remember another time in his life where he felt so happy, everything Levi did made him happy. His first smile, his first word, the first time he figured out how to crawl; everything his baby boy accomplished made him feel so proud.

>>>

As Aryia got closer to the arrivals lounge, he took notice of a few people standing at the entrance. Most of them had been on his flight, whilst others just happened to be passing through to check their luggage in - most likely excited to be going on vacation.

Aryia hadn't expected to see you both there. Though nevertheless, a broad smile lit his face up in an instant, and the bags he was carrying on his shoulders didn't feel so heavy.

You didn't usually wait for Aryia inside the airport; instead usually opting to wait in the car and pick him up outside, but he didn't really seem to care about your change of plans. Besides, he was too focused on the baby that bounced happily in your arms, making grabbing motions with his tiny outstretched hands as soon as he was made aware of his father approaching.

The musician had to do his best to restrain himself from rushing to you both. His luggage was so heavy and he felt like his arms were going to give out at any minute, so he just kept walking, smiling warmly and waving at his excited baby boy, already savoring the moment he would be able to hold him in his arms.

"Stop. Right. There!"

Aryia's sweet thoughts were interrupted abruptly as soon as he heard the sound of your peremptory voice. You were standing just a few feet away from him, holding out one arm in a stop gesture, clearly telling him not to come any closer to you. Aryia was startled and immediately stopped dead in his tracks.

What was wrong with you? You had come inside the airport to welcome him back to LA and now you were pushing him away?

Had he done something wrong?

Had you actually come to the arrivals lounge to scold him?

Were you angry that he had been gone longer than expected? But that made no sense, he had told you that he would be staying an extra couple of days due to a couple of recording hiccups...