It's Too Early for This

I haven't posted an Emrani Family imagine in a while, so here's a short story of Levi favouring the reader. I hope you guys like it! 😄

Warnings: None.

-

A whimper from the room downstairs over the baby monitor wrenched you from the light sleep you had been enjoying. Groggily rubbing your eyes, you noticed the digital alarm clock on your nightstand flashing 4:00AM in bright red letters. Right on schedule as always.

You kicked your legs out from under Aryia's, not the least bit worried about waking him up.

He let out a sound somewhere between a grumble and a snore. His arms went right to where your body had been before deciding that your pillow was the next best thing. Rolling your eyes, you walked downstairs towards the nursery where Levi's little whines were beginning to turn into louder cries for attention. The whining stopped the second you opened the door to be met with Levi's bright eyes on the other side of the bars of his crib.

"Morning Little Wolfy" You mumbled. The baby began to gurgle happily at the sight of you.

He reached his arms out to you, making grabby hands, which you found quite unnecessary as your first matter of business was to pick Levi up from his crib.

"How's it going?" You asked, irritated.

Levi's little eyes closed as he cooed and smiled in response to you, clearly putting effort into producing these different sounds. You were sure that any day now, he would stop saying "Ronnie" and "Kévin", and maybe say something else like "Mama" or "Dada".

Aryia told you that Levi might not say any new words for a while after speaking his first two, but your intuition told you something different. You were also sure that you had seen your boyfriend and Kévin quietly mouthing the word "Dada" as Aryia fed your son his food the other night.

You laid the babbling baby onto his changing table and put him in a fresh diaper and babygro. What you really wanted was to put him back to bed and rejoin Aryia, but you knew that would be a vain attempt as Levi was now wide-awake. You had tried doing it once and the usually calm baby had let out such deafening screams that the whole house had woken up, so neither you or Aryia had attempted it since then - considering how much Reggie told you both that he enjoyed his beauty sleep.

"You're not gonna be nice to mommy and go back to sleep, are you?"

A loud squeal accompanied by some drool was your only response. You knew you were biased but Levi was definitely the most beautiful baby you had ever seen.

His skin was so smooth and unblemished. The brown fuzz atop his head would surely grow to be darker like his father's. The boy's rounded cheeks tempted everyone who saw him to reach out and squeeze him. Everything down to his little button nose was Aryia's, but your boyfriend couldn't take any credit for his eyes, the shape or the color. They both matched yours. Levi's eyes were a slightly darker shade than your own and you thought that made them even more beautiful.

Levi began to make a fuss, agitated that your focus was elsewhere. You were tempted to bring him back to bed with you and Aryia but your boyfriend had talked to you at length about this.

<<<

"He needs to get used to sleeping in his own room."

"Then why  did we set up a nursery for him in the cinema room in first place then?"

"He needs to be by himself for a couple of hours every day". Aryia would continue to say nonsense like that.

>>>