Thirty-Six

"What does it say?" Sophie asked.

"It says... um, it doesn't say anything." Tiergan said, and that was the first time Sophie had heard Tiergan sound confused.

"Maybe they just want us to wait," Sophie said, and Tiergan replied with a tight smile.

They waited for a few hours. Then, at the approximate time of sunset, three cloaked figures walked up to them.

"Inside," one grunted, and Sophie and Tiergan were led to a small, hideout looking place.

They all just stood there, waiting for each other to start the conversation.

"We need to ask you for a favor," one cloaked figure, the shortest one, said.

"Lucky for you, me too." Sophie replied.

"You have changed very, very much, Sophie Foster." Gethen's sleek voice curled into Sophie's eardrums.

"You've already said that last time, if you didn't remember. And you better tell us what you want before we regret it." Sophie quipped.

"We need you to give us back Kenric's cache." Gethen said, while the shortest cloaked figure's head was bobbling up and down.

"Kenric's cache... don't you have it?" Tiergan asked, confused.

"It's not with us. We need you to find it." The tallest figure said.

"Why can't you find it?" Sophie asked.

"Look, do you want us to help you or not?" The shortest figure asked.

Last time they were with each other, they were too busy trying to kill each other. Who knew they would eventually be making deals?

"Our favor is not very difficult, not as difficult as yours, I can fully assure you that." Tiergan said.

"We need to you to give us the tracking device one of your members threw on Fitz and Sophie." Tiergan continued.

"We'll give it to you. But just letting you know, wherever you are we still know." The short guy said.

"Why'd you tell them, you idiot? Why'd you agree?" The tallest guy told the shortest guy.

"We'll do it," Gethen said, "and we'll also destroy the ones we have, on top of it."

Even though Sophie really liked the plan, she knew whatever Gethen said there always was a catch. Always.

"But you'll have to give it to us within the 48 hours we have kindly provided for you." He continued.

Kindly? Sophie thought, yeah, right, about that....

"And if you don't... you'll still have to give the cache but you won't get your precious tracker, unfortunately." He finished with a smirk.

Sophie and Tiergan looked at each other before nodding and agreeing.

The real game was on.
__________

"So tell me again how you find a really pretty crystal that holds all the secrets to the world?" Sophie asked Magnate Leto in his Forkle disguise.

"Normally you actually can't find it, but Kenric's cache is one of the most important ones. It's so important that you can't really destroy it without the strongest material any species ever could use. One of the Ancients once owned the cache before passing it down to Kenric, and we've put a tracker on it." Forkle said.

"So it's not that hard, right? All we have to do is find the tracker, get the cache, adn find Fitz, right?"

"Miss Foster, it is not that simple, I can assure you. You need to find the tracker, and that item is not some regular elf can hold. It's stored in a really difficult compartment owned by the Councillors, meaning 1, you have to get permission from the Councillors, and even if they did, they'd have to let you go through the maze to get it. It's not that simple. And do you actually think they'd let you go in that deadly maze and have such a powerful a weapon just for one elf?" Mr. Forkle finished.

"I'm not trying to bring your hopes down, Miss Foster, because I, just like you, cannot get any more happier to find Mr. Vacker. But we need to think about it literally rather than chasing a white dream."

Sophie couldn't believe it, and she couldn't speak. She quietly walked away and hailed Oralie.

Sophie Foster will make it happen.

She won't ever take 'no' for an answer.

Never.
_________

Hehe, not so much of a cliffhanger today. But I promise next chaoter's will be a pretty good cliffhanger even if you guys don't like cliffhangers. But you'll be like "Oh wow that was a good cliffhanger, not gonna lie," so you better watch out!

Anyway thanks for reading and please check out We the Weirdos if you can! Thanks!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

Thanks and have a nice day!

Somerandomhuman88