Twenty-Six

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here," Gethen's voice said.

Fitz was silent.

Tam just glared.

Sophie was thinking, I thought we weren't supposed to start the conversation, not be creepy silent!

The boys were doing a very bad job at being unsuspicious.

"Let's get straight to it. What do you want?" Sophie sighed.

"I see you've changed. Very, very much indeed." Gethen's creepy, smooth voice said.

"At least you're not blind," Sophie snorted.

Then, a black orb of darkness came shooting out from behind Gethen.

"Didn't know you pooped dark stuff. Oh, wait. Poop is dark. Never mind." Tam said.

Right now, Sophie really, really, wanted to strangle him. Maybe the black orb should have hit him. It had hit the wall behind them.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?" Sophie asked.

One of the people behind Gethen said, "To fight!"

Another person said, "Honestly, I'm not sure."

The last figure, in a dark cloak, said,"Whatever Gethen wants. I think Gethen wants to text."

"I NEED THE DEX DUDE YOU IDIOT!" Gethen screamed back.

"You guys are idiots. You, idiot! Yes, you! Get me a spear. We're fighting them until we get what we want." One of the figures said, pointing at another.

"And they said this was a meeting. More like another chance to kill us." Tam muttered.

"But why do they want Dex?" Sophie asked.

"It's all so simple, Sophie." Gethen said, appearing behind Sophie all of a sudden that she really wanted to kick him in the shin.

"If it's so simple you would've told me by now." Sophie replied.

"I suppose so. The bombers at your school are not us. We can all swear on our lives that we didn't do it." Gethen said, distracting her while the, Sophie guess, Shade threw another black thing that missed a hair away from her.

"Save your words," Sophie said while dodging another orb that was aimed at her.

Then, apparently, the orbs' shooter fastened it up a bit. Meaning that Fitz and Tam were also dodging at their orbs too.

"Inflicting?" Sophie transmitted to Tam and Fitz, afraid that the orb-shooting weirdo/ witch might hear them.

"If that's what to do to stop these weird orbs I've never seen before disappear, then I'm up for it," Tam replied while barely missing a back orb. He was talking instead of transmitting to cut back the suspicion from them.

"But, hey, I've got to say, they've gotta work on their aim. Or maybe we're just lucky that we haven't been hit yet." Fitz transmitted.

"Don't jinx yourself," Sophie said out loud.

While Sophie was talking, one hit her arm. She silently cursed all the cute boys in the world.

Sophie inflicted with all her might, almost knocking Tam and Fitz along with Gethen. Not that her right arm was helping much. 

She turned around, only to find herself stuck in the hands of the black orb shooter.

"So, you either tell me where this 'Dex' dude is or you and Pretty Boy dies."

So this was their plan after all.

They wanted Dex. Why Dex? WHY DO THEY WANT DEX?

"Maybe I should just ask for where the frickin guy is and then kill you and Pretty Boy."

As much as Sophie didn't want to agree, she said, "Yeah. Sure. Whatever you want."

"Wait, what? Really?" The black orb shooter asked, confused.

"No," Sophie said while Fitz crept up behind the black orb shooter and started kicking her shins.

Sophie was stifling her laughter. The grunts the shooter was making was hilarious.

"Kick me again and the girl dies. Also, don't ever let the Pretty Boy near your shins." The black orb shooter yelled at particularly nobody.

"Don't kick her," Sophie warned Fitz.

"I'm preparing to do something," Sophie told Fitz and Tam telepathically.

"I've just figured out this girl is a Shade." Tam transmitted.

"I'm trying to do something. Just distract them." Sophie told the telepathically.

Both boys nodded at her while she processed the plan.

She clicked her panic switch.

Now, either Dex dies or Dex survives.

__________

Just letting some readers know, Dex created the panic switch so he could help them when they're in danger. That means Sophie purposely is making Dex come. Now it's time to find out if he survives.

Hello! Hope you're having a nice day.

I CAN'T BELIEVE WE ARE RANKED #1 ON FORBIDDEN CITIES, LOST CITIES, SOPHIE, and SOPHITZ!

And #dellavacker.

Thanks so much! We are at 2.15k!

Thanks for the votes and comments, coopermichno0823 .

Have a nice day!

Don't forget to comment, vote, and share!

By the way, my new book is coming out on June 5th. It's called We The Weirdos, a book about the weird things that can happened to you when you're in high school. Humor (a bunch) and romance (just a little). coopermichno0823  is helping me write it, so go follow her!

Thanks again!

Somerandomhuman88