Eleven

"No. No. No no no no. No. No! This is not happening. No." Sophie said to herself, totally ignoring that there were people staring at her.

"What's happening?" Fitz, totally not knowing that he'd been exposed.

"Tony" realized what was going on. "You're not wearing your disguise!"

"You're not wearing yours either." Fitz grumbled, "and we've been caught."

"WHY?"

"Why what?" Keefe asked, not caring anymore that he wasn't disguised as some crazy dude in middle school.

"Ugh. Let's get to the point where I can leave."

"Not gonna happen, Foster."

"Ugghh. You are so annoying. Fine. First question: have you been stalking me?"

"No." Fitz said.

"Nope." Keefe sighed, sitting down on a chair.

Biana shrugged.

"Uhhh, next question then! Who came up with this stupid idea?"

"Not me." They all said at the same time.

Sophie narrowed her eyes. "You expect me to believe that?"

"It was worth a try." Keefe smiled.

"So, who did it?"

"KEEFE DID IT!" Biana squealed, "I KNOW HE DID!"

Keefe blushed. "Hey, just wanted to make sure you're okay."

"Anyway, back to the point. Are there anymore disguises? Actually, no, you're not gonna tell me that, aren't you?"

"No." Fitz said.

"Nope." Keefe sighed.

Biana shrugged.

"Hey, Foster?" Keefe asked, "Can we talk alone?"

Keefe and Fitz shared a look.

"Uh.. sure."

Keefe shooed both of the Vackers out the door, slamming it shut.

"Now," he said, "let's get to the point."
________________

Keefe sat on the side of the bed.

"I know Fitz is the reason why you decided to leave. And I don't blame you. But... we all miss you, Sophie."

Sophie knew it was serious when he used her first name.

"I... know. But I really can't get over the words Fitz said. They were hurtful."

"I could tell. But just please give him another chance? You're making us suffer! Without you and your amazing disasters."

"You know the words are opposites, right?"

"Nah."

"Ugh, you are so annoying! Maybe."

"I'll quote you on that."

"Actually, pretend I never said anything."

"Aww, man! Please?" He put on a pouty face, which Sophie found looked ridiculous.

"Fine. Now shoo!" She said, motioning with her hands.

"See ya Foster."

"Whatever."

Now, it was time for Sophie to tell Fitz.
_______________
It was easier said than done.

Fitz came in, and there came what Sophie felt like an hour of awkward silence.

Then Fitz cleared his throat.

"Uh- I, er, ah, am, erm, sorryforbeingajerk."

"What?"

"Imsorryforbeingajerk."

Even though Sophie thought he said that he was sorry for being a worm, not that she could hear him clearly, she said "It's ok. I'm sorry for... leaving?"

She said it like a question and a selfish part of herself told her she had nothing to be sorry for.

Fitz didn't reply to that.

"Well, uh, I guess it's time for the others to come back in?"

"Sure."

Fitz pulled the door open, and Biana and Keefe looked like they wanted to murder the door.

Sophie stared talking first.

"WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO GO TO THE FORBIDDEN CITIES AND STALK ME? ITS SO SCARY PLUS ITS CALLED THE FORBIDDEN CITIES FOR A REASON-"

"Chill, Foster."

"Oh- wait. Sorry. Why?"

"Because these two stupid highnesses," Biana said, motioning to Keefe and Fitz, "were all like We can't live without Sophie and all that stuff."

Fitz and Keefe both turned red.

Keefe said "Nah, it's because she can't bear living without me!"

"Well, why'd she leave?"

"Uh... erm... sacrifices! Yes, that! Sacrifices must be made!"

"Sure. Whatever." Biana replied, skeptical.

"And what about you, Fitz?"

"Wait for it!" Keefe said with a grin.

"Wait for wha-" Biana said at the same time Fitz said, "We're Cognates."

"So Cognates are two people who can't be separated?"

"No," Sophie said at the same time as Fitz said, "Yep."

They both looked at each other and then looked everywhere but each other.

"SOOO.." Keefe said loudly, "any more weird Foster questions? 'Cause my father who loves me very much wants me home."

"Oh, right! One more question then you can do whatever."

"Was Dex or Linh or Tam a part of this?"

"Pfft. Of course the Dexinator was a p- oh, wait, sorry Foster, no he wasn't!"

Sophie rolled her eyes. "You expect me to believe that?"

Biana and Fitz were glaring at Keefe, so Keefe mouthed, "She forced me!"

"Nah."

"Now. Tell. Me. Who. Is. Dex?"

"You're not gonna believe it." Keefe said slowly.

"That I know. Now, who is Dex disguised as?"

"You're gonna laugh."

"I hope it's worth laughing at. Now, hurry up before I clobber you with my shoe."

"It would be funny! I can join you." Biana chimed in.

"No, thanks. Fine, Foster. I'm only saying this because shoes don't smell too good."

"Want me to clobber you with a twig?"

"Nope. Ok, Dex is actually.." Keefe said , stretching the word 'actually' for as long as he could.

"Anna."
_____________

Yes, I have made myself never see Dex the same again.

I think I like Anna better than Dex (maybe because I customized him into this cute hilarious girl).

No offense, Dex.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and please comment and vote! Thank you.

Somerandomhuman88