Welcome Home.

Draco

"Ah, there's my best mate." Theo's voice beamed into our room as he entered. I raised an eyebrow at the boy.

"You make it seem as if I were missing. I don't go anywhere besides class, and quidditch practice, best mate." I informed him.

"Are you excited about Laurel coming back tonight?" He asked.

Of course, I was. To assume I wasn't was an understatement. This past week has been empty without her. I feel whole when she's around. I'm ready to feel that again. Ready to feel her again.

I replied to him with a faint nod. He didn't need to know how excited I was. I'm Draco Malfoy, I don't show emotion. "Can I ask you something?" He broke the silence that emitted in our room. "Has it been, you know, burning?"

I sighed, giving him yet another nod. Being a part of this cult came with many difficulties, one of which is dealing with the burning sensation that the mark inflicted on your skin when he needed you. This burning was different than when he summoned us.

"What do you think it means?" He asked, receiving a shrug.

"Why don't you just go ask him yourself, eh?" I spat, pushing him out of the way to leave my room.

"Oi, don't think I don't know what's going on between you and Jillian." He spoke, causing my body to freeze up. Unable to move, my feet felt like they were glued to the floor. "So is that how it's going to be, mate? Every time a new girl comes about, you'll blow off your current girlfriend who would do anything for you might I add, and move on without a care in the world?"

"You have no idea what you are talking about, Nott. So I suggest you watch what you say. I love Laurel. You and I both know I would never intentionally do anything to hurt her." I seethed through my teeth. It was true, I loved her, and I wouldn't intentionally hurt her unless I needed to. He scoffed before walking away, but not before muttering under his breath.

"I guess we will find out how Laurel feels about it when she returns."

Laurel

I hated myself. I hated that I let myself get so screwed up this past year. This is not who I am, but this is Laurel Nott.

"Are you ready?" My grandmother asks me, gesturing to the floo. I nodded and stepped in with the minimum amount of items I brought home with me. I was feeling better, mentally, but physically I wanted to hurt someone.

Draco was my main target. I had decided to let it go, for now. I nodded at the women and stepped in, dropping the powder and disappearing into the green smoke. Moments later, I was in Dumbledore's office. He wasn't present at my return, so I let myself out and made my way towards my common room.

I took a deep breath when I approached the common room, nervous about what I might see. Theo didn't give many details about this girl besides that she has been far more friendly with Draco than I probably would have approved. What if she was in Slytherin? Would I walk in to see her straddling him on the couch in the open? I would simply die.

I muttered the password, and the door opened. I stepped in to see Blaise, Daphne, and Pansy sitting at a table working on some sort of homework assignment it seemed. Pansy was the first to notice me enter, doing a double-take when she saw me. She dropped her quill and ran over to me, embracing me into a massive, welcoming hug. "I'm so glad you're back. It hasn't been the same around here without you."

A year ago, if you told me that Pansy Parkinson and I would become such close friends, I would have laughed in your face and called you a liar. The truth is, Pansy isn't as bad as she seems. She's just protective of what is hers, and I got to thinking about Draco and this new girl. "Pans, I never apologized for sneaking around with Draco while you and he were together," I said.

She smiled at my apology. "Though, it's all in the past. I appreciate you for finding in within you to come forward and apologize."

Blaise was the next to come to welcome me back, and like Pansy, offered me a large hug. Daphne followed, hesitating to speak at first, though I assured her it was okay. I can't let the issues between her and Theo affect our friendship. "We're all just glad you're better now," Pansy spoke, breaking the awkward silence.

Better now.

Was I though? I mean, sure, I felt fine, but I was hurting still.

Lord No Nose explained to me that he had given Draco, Theo, and another boy at school a task to complete as well. The difference between the two tasks? Draco will be spared, though the Dark Lord has been known to lie to me in the past.

How could I trust him? I have no choice but to. I love Draco and will do anything within my power to protect him.

The only good thing to come out of this so far? I wasn't forced to take the mark.

"I'll catch up with you all later, I promise," I told the trio of friends, went in search for Draco. I entered his room, only to see it was empty. I frowned as I was looking forward to seeing him. Let me rephrase, I wanted to tackle him. As upset with him as I was, I wanted him more than ever.

I turned around intending to leave and join the others to catch up on my studies when I heard the door handle turn. My eyes adverted towards the door as it opened, revealing my favorite blonde. My frown flipped into a smile while I rushed over to him.

He wrapped me in his embrace before connecting his soft lips to mine. "I've missed you." He murmured against my lips, sending vibrations through my body. "So much."

My mind trailed to the thoughts of the possibility of him giving another attention. I pulled away, allowing the frown to retake its original position on my lips. "What's the matter?" He asks. I wanted to ask him about her, ask him if I needed to be worried, but I couldn't bring myself to speak those words.

"Nothing, I'm just tired. I think I'm going to just go to sleep." I said walking towards the door.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me close to him again. "Stay here, please."

I nodded and walked with him towards the bed, crawling in it with him as we laid there in silence.