Chapter Twenty Six: Hope

Henrik's POV
"I never did ask you but what did Fiona say when she called Fiji?"

She rocked Theo to calm him. He's been up all night. We haven't been getting much sleep. The only way is if I disappear to the other end of the chateau where the distance drowns his cries. That doesn't make me a good father so u usually end up coming back to him.

"Why do you ask?"

"She wanted to speak to me and we never got a chance. I'm just curious. What did she say?"

The woman who seems to feel different everyday. I don't feel attached or attracted to her as much as I used to. I can't understand why. She gazed at me. Is she trying to remember or is she formulating a lie? I find it strange that Fiona left like that without even telling me.

"She called to tell me my mother was dead." She answered.

I remember that day. My memory never fails me. She said the hospital called and told her that her mother was dead. There was no mention of Fiona.

"Did she say anything else?"

"No."

Something about it isn't right.

"I'm leaving for Tokyo. I would like for Theo to come with me."

"What about me?"

"Vivienne, this has been dragging on for too long so I'll just say it. This marriage isn't working."

"Excuse me?"

"I'm going to Tokyo and I'm taking my son with me. I don't want you to come." I told her flatly. "My lawyers will get in touch with you and communicate on the divorce."

"You can't be serious! What did I do wrong? Why are you doing this?"

"Because I don't love you anymore!"

Her eyes bulged. She held Theo even closer. "You can't leave me! And you will not be taking Theo!"

"Perry, relieve her of my son."

Perry and his men made sure the boy was ripped from her arms. This is not something I have come up with overnight. Ever since I married her, it just didn't feel right. It's gotten worse. She is giving me a bad feeling that I don't like. It's best if we just end it before things get out of hand. They gave me the crying little boy.

"This is not fair! You can't take my baby!"

"Escort her out of my estate. Have all her things sent to her. She's not to be allowed back here."

"Henrik!" She protested as she was taken away.

I gazed at my son. He stopped crying. His tender blue eyes are full of innocence. I allowed him to hold my finger. "My dear boy, you have been born into a mad world. It's my hope that you overcome any hurdles life throws at you. I love you very much Theo." I kissed his forehead.

My move to Tokyo is not just for business but a change of scene. We need something new. This place feels grim and cold. It stopped feelings like home when my father lost his life. Worse still, after the company in Paris burned down, I knew I have nothing keeping me here anymore. Business at the port will be handled by those I have left in charge.

I'm not coming back to the Chateau.

I looked around once more feeling nothing for the dominant structure sitting proudly on this massive piece of land. If it wasn't for the generations of Sinclairs who have lived here, I would have sold it. It will have to be a home for the handful of servants retained to maintain the estate.

Harriet's POV
As I spoke endlessly I noticed that Armor isn't happy with me.

She has been quietly listening. Her jaw is clenched tightly. The Little boy playing on the floor distracted me for a moment. Pierre Deveraux be is just a few months older than my Theo. "Say something."