Chapter Twenty Four: Curiosity Killed The Cat

Fiona's POV
"Perry. Where is she? Where is Victoria Byrne?"

He pulled me close to him. "She's not here."

"I know that. So where can I find her?"

Henrik and Harriet left immediately for their honeymoon. I came back here to look for Victoria. To my dismay she wasn't here at the chateau as I had thought. "She was unwell."

"Which hospital?"

"You don't understand. Miss Vivi... Mrs Sinclair had her committed to an asylum."

"Asylum? Isn't that too much? She threw a fit. It doesn't mean she's insane!"

"I don't meddle. I just do what I'm told. Allow me to give you some free piece of advise. Stay away from this mess. Just mind your business."

"Give me the name of the asylum. I'll go visit her."

Perry gave me a disapproving look but he offered me a business card with the name of a doctor and the name of the asylum. Against his advise I went to the asylum.

Along the way I tried to pin point when Vivi changed. The day we went looking for her mother is not it because she was herself. But when Henrik asked us to leave, that is when things started to change. At what point did she change?

I drove all the way to the asylum. As soon as I got there I asked for the doctor but unfortunately especially since the universe seems to be against my every effort, he wasn't in.

I approached the front desk after deciding on to leave. "Excuse me, good afternoon."

"Good afternoon," an young nurse greeted me. "What can I do for you?"

"I'm looking for this woman." I showed her a photograph of Vivi with her mother. She looked closely then looked at me. "Which one?"

"The older one. She was brought here not too long ago."

"Let me check the records. Please have a seat."

I took a seat in one of the lounge chairs. What will I do if she's here? Will I break her out? I paid attention to the young nurse.  She looked at me and smiled. She must have good news but all of a sudden she frowned. She turned her attention to an older nurse. They had a hushed conversation before the young nurse excused herself.

"Are you the one looking for a redhead?"

I approached the counter once more. "Yes. Have you'd even her?" I pointed to the picture again. "Where is she?"

"She is not here."

"There must be a problem because I was told-'

"You were misinformed." She cut me off with a stern tone. We had a stare off. She is difficult. The younger nurse was much more friendly.

I took a quiet leave.

As I walked down the hallway I noticed some photographs. I looked through them and that is when I noticed Armor Deveraux shaking hands with the owner of the hospital. Is it a coincidence that Victoria was brought here? Is Vivi in cahoots with Armor? Why would she be?

"Excuse me." The young nurse approached me. "Would you like to tour our facility?"

"No." I declined.

"Please, tour our facility. I have something to tell you." I nodded. "Pretend I'm explaining these pictures."

"What is going on?" I asked.

"Are you Fiona?"

"Yes I am."