Chapter Fifteen: ...it pours

Vivi's POV
Fiona squeezed my hand when she noticed how still I am. Someone pressed fast forward on my life. Since Berlin things have happened fast! I accepted Henrik's offer. I came with him to Marseille. We made love. I'm pregnant. What will I do now? I'm meeting my mother here in Paris. She refused to come to Marseille. I'm not going back to Marseille. The wedding is tomorrow. Henrik will show up, Aria won't. She will be long gone by then. That is the plan.

"It's going to be okay." Fiona assured me of something I don't believe in.

Mother showed up at the exact time she promised. My heart stilled at the sight of her. She looks much older than I remember. Her red hair is full with silver streaks randomly on her head. I stood straighter than I already am my hands folded in front of me.

When she reached us, I stepped forward. She glanced at her reflection in the window of the white Rolls Royce. "Mother-"

She greeted me with a slap across my face.

Fiona protectively stood between me and her as one of the bodyguards assigned to me yanked her away. "Don't touch me!" She screamed.

"Let her go. It's alright." I instructed him fighting the urge to cry. "Mother, how are you?"

She has brought with her all the rage of the redheads in our bloodline.

Her green eyes widened. "How am I? What do you call a childless woman? What do you call a woman who has lost a child?"

"There's no name for that."

"Exactly!" She screamed not caring that people are listening.

She was Henrik's captive until he realized she sincerely didn't know where I was. He assured me she was pampered and treated well. He even cleared her debts as an early thank you for my hand once he finds me.

I gestured to the open car door. "Please get in so that we can speak privately." At least she agreed. The car didn't move. Fiona refused to give us any privacy. She insisted Henrik ordered her never to let me out of her line of sight. "I understand that you're upset. I disobeyed you. But I'm not changing my mind."

"He's getting married tomorrow!"

"No he's not. It's all a show. Aria won't show up."

She laughed harshly. "Is that what he told you? And your shallow self believed it!"

"Henrik keeps his word!" Fiona defended him.

My mother's harsh gaze turned on her. "Then he must be keeping his word to marry Aria."

"Mother... Mother listen to me. He loves me and I love him... At least I'm beginning to. He will keep his word especially because I'm having his baby."

"Then let's pop some champagne! You're having the devil's spawn!"

She's unhinged today. She has zero composure. She's freaking out. "He's not the devil."

"Yet. Yet my dear. Come back home with me."

"No."

"What are you doing? You're going to die! That child is going to die! We are all going to bloody die!"

"He will protect me."

"You hopeful fool! I'll go back to Dublin where I'll wait for your corpse. I'll dig two graves, one for the little one. Goodbye Vivienne."

"Mother! Why are you acting like this?"

"She killed your father and she killed Henrik's mother on a bout of jealousy! Do you know what she will die hen she is betrayed? She will massacre. Stop thinking with your heart and use your head. When you do that, bring your ass home."