fifty seven

a/n: it's the last chapter but read the author's note at the end! i have another larry fanfic called Love, Harry coming out for anyone who'd like to read it :) i'd love to see you guys in the comments - ily and tpwk

Louis' POV:

"Are you excited about the gig?" I ask Harry, who's sitting at the kitchen island as I make us blueberry pancakes on the stove.

"Yes, I am! Oh, and remember my friend Ashton? He said he can make it too. I haven't seen him around a whole bunch lately, which is weird because when I used to go to Duckies you could find him in a booth snogging a stranger, so it'll be nice to catch up with him again."

"Yeah, I haven't seen him around at all when we've gone so I'll be sure to go and hi to him at the cafe. I wonder what he's been up to. And the rest of us will be there too, we're all so excited for you to sing, Haz."

Harry leans across the counter and gives me a quick kiss while I'm plating two fluffy pancakes for him. "Guess what?"

"Hmm?" I bring both plates of pancakes with me and sit down next to Harry, pouring way too much maple syrup over my own.

"Jen told me we invited so many people that there's actually no seats left in the cafe since it's a pretty small place. So it'll just be all of us and it'll be tons of fun with coffees and teas and pastries and everything."

I can't help but grin. "That's awesome, and I'm so glad everyone could find time in their schedules for this because not all of them have heard you before, which is a real shame. Now eat up, we've got to be there in an hour and we're still on our pajamas,"

We eat our breakfasts and get ready rather quickly (time got away from us after a post-breakfast makeout session, but I'm not mad about it). Harry looks as adorable as ever in an oversized brown sweater, a pair of black skinnies, and a cute little cap. I've got on a new jumper and collared shirt Liam gave me from his work and some blue jeans, nothing too fancy.

 I've got on a new jumper and collared shirt Liam gave me from his work and some blue jeans, nothing too fancy

Harry and I manage to get out of the house and make it to the cafe right on time. I hold the door for him as he walks inside with his sticker-covered guitar case and we're greeted with loads of hugs from all of our friends. 

The cafe has the familiar warm croissant and freshly brewed coffee smell, the warmth, and love coming from all of our friends surrounding us the moment we step inside. I say hi to everyone and thank Jen for making sure the stage was clear because Harry has practically been bouncing off the walls in anticipation for today and I didn't realize just how excited he gets for his music.

Harry sets his guitar down on the stage and goes around with me, hugging and talking to everyone. This feels like a family reunion in a way, with all us of hanging out for the first time in what feels like forever. 

Harry seeks out Ashton and I tag along, chatting with Niall who's joined us. Juan Luis is chatting with Zayn and I'll say hi to him in a bit. Harry looks shocked when we find Ashton standing by one of the tables, who turns around with a grin while holding another guy's hand in his.