forty eight

Harry's POV:

It's Saturday morning and I wake up when Louis rolls over next to me, tossing one of his arms over my bare chest. I grin to myself, choosing to lie in bed a bit longer instead of getting up and waking him too. I check the time - 10:40 am - and tell myself I'll head downstairs at 11 to make Louis something for breakfast.

I'm excited about today because I've told Louis that I'm going to meet Niall for lunch when in reality I'm waiting till an hour or so after lunchtime to surprise him with some cool things I've got planned for us today.

Louis told me he's headed out sometime today to meet up with Zayn and Liam at a new cafe downtown, so I plan to meet him there secretly and whisk him away for a day of boyfriend thing once Zayn and Liam leave.

Louis stirs next to me and I see his sleepy blue eyes flutter open. He rubs them, adjusting to the light streaming through our windows, and I plant a small kiss on his forehead.

"Morning, Lou Bear," My morning voice is low and gravelly. 

"G'morning, Haz. What time is it?" He yawns, snuggling closer to me underneath the covers.

"Almost eleven. Would you like some pancakes?"

"Mmm,  I like pancakes, but stay here for a bit longer with me. Five more minutes," He murmurs and tightens the grip of his arm around my chest. I nuzzle my face in the crook of his neck, breathing in his familiar scent. He smells like home.

"Of course. When'd you say you're leaving to meet Zayn and Liam?"

"What? Oh- yeah, 'round noon. I'll eat breakfast with you, and then I've got to head out. I should only be there for an hour or two, though," Louis closes his eyes again, tiredness present in his voice. "What are you doing today, babe?" 

Getting ready to surprise you. "Not too much, just meeting up with Niall like I told you and then hanging out around the house some when I get back."

"Tell Niall I say hello,"

"Tell Zayn and Liam I say hi too,"

Louis gives me a small smile, his soft breaths fanning out over my bare chest, giving me butterflies. Although to be fair, Louis and his existence alone gives me butterflies and everything else at this point just feels like a bonus.

✰ ✰ ✰ 

Louis' POV:

Harry and I finish breakfast - he made these amazing blueberry pancakes with brown butter he knows I like along with some breakfast sausages - and I go to get ready to head out.

There's definitely a nervous feeling bubbling up in the pit of my stomach. After Ringo texted me back at the club a few days back, I didn't respond for a solid two days until I made up my mind and agreed to meet him this morning.

It's not that I necessarily look forward to seeing him (because I don't - especially because of our history) but he said he's gone to therapy and rehab and that he's a 'new man'. My plan is to go into this with an open mind and give him the benefit of the doubt.

The only real reason why I'm meeting up with him at this new cafe is to give him a second chance; a chance to explain himself and his actions and to apologize for the things he's done. This feels similar to the time I met up with my mom that single time after she kicked me out of the house when I was still a kid. I met with her to give her a chance to apologize, but unfortunately, she hadn't changed at all. 

Hopefully this time it'll go better when I meet up with him.

My Aunt Jay always told me if I ever want people to give me a second chance if and when I mess up, I need to be willing to give that to others just the same.