one

Louis' POV:

"C'mon Louis you're hair is fine," Liam whined as he stood in the doorway of the bathroom, "You aren't the one going on a date so get away from the damned mirror, and let's go!"

I looked away from the mirror at my smiling but slightly annoyed roommate. 

"Chill out you twit," I said with a huff, "The only reason why I don't have a date is that you two always make me third wheel your dates,"

I refrained a laugh when Liam's mouth opened in protest, but no words came out. 

I turned back to the mirror with a smirk of satisfaction and picked up a bottle of hair gel that was sitting on the counter. Squirting a pound size bit of gel into my hands, I rubbed them together and ran my fingers through my quiff, skillfully styling it so the hair stood up slightly in the front while still swooshing to the side. 

"Admit it, Louis," Another voice rang out, getting louder as it approached us, "You like going out with us because we have a better eye for good looking guys than you do,"

I saw Liam give a knowing smile through the reflection in the mirror as my other roommate, Zayn, walked behind him, wrapping his arms around Liam's waist and planting a small kiss on his cheek. Liam blushed slightly and they stayed there in the doorway, waiting for me to finish getting ready so we could leave.

I knew Zayn was right; whenever I went out with them, they'd always point out cute guys that I never seemed to see when I'm alone in London. But obviously, I'd never let them think they were right. No way in hell would they expose me like that and get away with it.

I rinsed the remaining gel off my hands and dried them with a hand towel, and another glance in the mirror reminded me I should get changed for the cafe.

"Move out the way lads," I teased, giving Liam and Zayn a little push as I left the bathroom and entered my bedroom. There were only two bedrooms in the flat; mine and theirs, and both had master bathrooms connected to them.

I walked over to my closet as they left the room. I glanced over at them to see Liam dressed quite simply today. He was wearing an army green shirt that showed off the tattoos lining his arms, black straight-legged trousers, and black Vans. 

Zayn, on the other hand, looked like he was dressed for winter even though it was pretty warm outside; it was almost September but the summer warmth seems to have carried over into fall. He was wearing light-washed black skinnies with brown shoes that had a slight heel, a white graphic t-shirt, a plaid flannel, and an oversized black jean jacket on top of it all.

Picking my way through the various hangers that lined my closet, I settled on a loose-fitting button-up shirt with white, yellow, and black vertical stripes of varying sizes. I slipped it on, careful not to mess up my hair in the process.

Walking over to my dresser, I opened the top drawer to find a variety of funky trousers with different colors and prints. I took out a simple navy blue pair, not wanting to have clashing prints in one outfit. Taking off my sweatpants, I pulled on the trousers and loosely tucked in the shirt before securing the trousers' waistband with a black belt. 

I unbuttoned the first two buttons on my shirt, exposing my chest slightly. Content with the outfit, I put my phone in my back pocket and put on a pair of matching navy Vans before leaving my room to meet Zayn and Liam.

"Ready to go?" Zayn asked. Both of them already had shoes on and were lounging on the living room sofa together.

"Yeah, I'll drive," I said, grabbing my car keys off the hook by the front door. Liam and Zayn got up from the sofa and followed me out of the front door before I locked it behind us.