eighteen

Louis' POV:

Liam and Zayn wish me good luck on my date with two quick hugs before I'm out the door and driving to the address Harry sent me. He said the date wasn't a super formal thing by any means and said I shouldn't feel obligated to dress up or anything.

After going between three outfits and getting Zayn's opinion on all of them, I settled on a semi-casual look. I'm wearing a pair of slim grey joggers with a black and white stripe, a white undershirt, and an oversized Polari sweatshirt on top.

Harry hasn't specified much about what we're doing, just a simple 'trust me x' text and an address.

The GPS navigates me through the streets of London and I end up parked in front of a Greek restaurant. I'm not entirely sure the extent of information that Liam told Harry about me, but clearly they covered the types of food I like.

I park the car and pay the meter. Looking around, I don't see Harry around yet so I stand outside of the front door and pull out my phone.

As if on cue, Harry texts me the second I open my phone. 

Harry: hi lou

Me: hi! I just got here

Harry: i know, you look amazing

My head snaps up and scans the line of parked cars across the side of the road, but there's not one single black SUV to be seen.

Me: are you here?

Harry: yeah :)

Harry: i like your sweatshirt. i have a Polari shirt, but not a hoodie

Me: wait how can you see me? where are you?

Me: and thank you 🥺

Harry: I'm here - niall's going on his own date with your friend (he's so excited) and he offered to give me a drive here since it's on the way

Me: omg niall and juan luis are going on a date too? i know you haven't seen them together before, but take my word for it that they'll adorable together

Harry: i believe you :) also niall says hi and he thinks your hair looks great

Me: thanks niall - i'd compliment you guys too, but i have no fucking clue where you are?

Harry: haha sorry to keep you waiting but you look really cute

Harry: ok i'm coming 

None of the cars in front of me move, nor do their doors open. So when someone taps me lightly on the shoulder I almost scream and chuck my phone across the ocean. 

"Harry!" I say, whipping around.

My jaw drops when I see him in front of me. He looks absolutely stunning, even though its just a causal date according to him. His brown curls are laying perfectly on his head, his green eyes are alive with energy, and his smile brighter than ever. 

He's wearing ripped black skinnies, brown suede boots, and a blue shirt that conveniently has the top button or two unbuttoned, exposing his chest a bit more than usual. 

And, fuck, is he beautiful.

"Want to get something to eat?" He asks and I nod quickly, trying to brush off the fact that I almost just got scare shitless from a simple tap on my shoulder.

He puts one of his big, warm hands on the small of my back and leads me into the restaurant where we're met with delicious smells of a variety of Greek foods.

"A table for two, please," Harry says to the hostess kindly.

She brings us to a table along the far wall and Harry and I take our seats across from one another as she puts two menus out in front of us.