fifteen

Louis' POV:

Juan Luis had slept peacefully through the night so thankfully I didn't need to deal with him getting sick or throwing up which was a relief. Apparently, his hangover wasn't near as bad as I expected it to be, and by the morning his hangover was somewhat mild. 

After leaving his house, I'd swung by my flat to get changed and ready for Harry's house. I noticed that Zayn and Liam left the place someone trashed, but they normally clean up after themselves so I don't stress over it. Harry texted me his address and the drive was estimated to be around fifteen minutes and I didn't spend much time at home before I was out the door again.

The GPS tells me to turn right and claims my destination will be on my left. I turn and find myself surrounded by obnoxiously large houses (mansions more like), all of them having long driveways and large pieces of land.

A black mailbox with little white numbers that read 2194 marks Harry's house and I turn into his driveway. The familiar black SUV is here, and I pull up next to it and park my car.

Looking at the time on my phone, I've made it on time (surprisingly) and I walk down a nicely paved path to his doorstep. The doorbell rings, and I can hear the sound of the bell chimes coming from inside his house.

I find myself rocking back and forth on my heels at his doorstep, somewhat intimidated by the grandness and size of his lavish home. He's so humble and I had no idea he had this type of money. It's hard to imagine anyone having this kind of money actually, besides super wealthy and famous people.

My thoughts are interrupted by the front door opening in front of me. I'm greeted by Harry, who's sporting a shy smile when he sees me. He's wearing black skinnies, a yellow shirt with black writing on it, and a blue collared shirt with cars and flowers on it. It looks like something out of a Tommy Bahama catalog, but he pulls it off really well even though it isn't summer right now.

"Hi, Louis, come in," He motions and steps back as I enter his literal mansion.

"Thanks for having me," I say, taking a hot second to look around inside.

The exterior of his house was white with wood accents that rounded out the modern style. Huge windows let in an abundance of natural light to the interior and make the whole house seem bright and lively. The interior is beautifully decorated in a similar modern fashion but it's tasteful and makes me feel at home. 

So many big houses like this (based on what I've seen in movies) are so properly decorated that they look more like a showroom or a museum than a place that someone lives in. Thankfully his wasn't one of them, and it had a comforting and homey atmosphere about it.

I slip off my black Vans and set them down neatly next to a pair of white shoes. The white shoes have butterflies on them, and they're absolutely adorable.

I've seen a similar pair once when I went to this great hometown diner. I was in the diner bathroom trying to wash the syrup off my hands after Liam spilled some by accident. When I walked in I could see a pair of butterfly shoes in one of the stalls - there was a second pair of shoes in the same stall but I just minded my business and quickly washed my hands before leaving.

"I made lunch," Harry says excitedly, "I'm not sure if you ate already, but if you'd like there's some in the kitchen."

We walk into his kitchen, which arguably looks like one of those studio kitchens on the cooking channel. He's cooked up two grilled cheese sandwiches and I can still see the steam rising from them, twirling around before disappearing into the air.

"Sorry, I'm not a good cook," He looks down at his feet, looking endearingly shy.

"Says no one ever. These look great, thank you!" I could literally hear my stomach grumbling on the drive here and I skipped breakfast because I didn't want to be late.