Interview With ThornEyes

1. Wattpad Username(s):

ThornEyes

2. Age:

19

3. Gender:

Female

4. What are the names of all the books you write or have posted on Wattpad?

At the moment, only Deviant

5. Which of these books are/was your favorite story to write and why?

Well, I only have one choice but it is my favorite novel I have wrote so far! It's set in 3030 but the world is kind of Victorian era but with a twist. It's really nitty gritty, there are various different groups of people and they each speak differently and they have different morals, so I get to write a bit of each and mix it up a lot. I never really expected as much feedback as I have gotten and to be

honest, I really expected the idea to have been done before. So I'm basically working with a completely blank canvas and I can do whatever I want with it!

6. Do any of the scenes in your books come from real life experiences, and if so do you want to elaborate which scenes and in what books?

A few of the scenes involve questioning peoples beliefs and prejudices, so I guess I have used them experiences in my novel. Some of the characters reactions do reflect those of real people, but other than that... I can't say I have come across any Deviants in my life.

7. When you're writing, do you have a schedule or maybe you have something that you do when you're writing such as listening to music?

Before I write a scene I have to do two things, one is to play musicthat suits the mood of the chapter. I will sit and listen to musicuntil I am feeling emotional enough to write a death scene, or gleeful enough to write a wedding scene The second thing I do is head straight to Skype and find my three lovely friends/editors (Nikki, Jue and Phoe) so if I get stuck I can basically throw various ideas at them until I make some sense of them and show them scenes I am uncertain of and see if they give them the go ahead

8. What inspired you to want to start writing and posting your stories for hundreds, perhaps thousands of people to read?

To be honest, I was a very imaginative kid and so I wrote and wrote and wrote. I have done NaNoWriMo for a few years and I admin a few facebook pages. So, the feedback from there along with the feedback I got from my friends I decided to give it a go. I had lurked on the site for a while, reading stories and eventually I signed up. I did run a website where I put a chapter of a novel up now and again, its still floating about with all its members, but I never finished it and it became neglected.

9. Who is your number one inspiration when it comes to writing?

Victor Hugo, the author of Les Miserables and a few other novels. I love his writing and the meanings and lessons. (Note: If anyone has a time machine, I would pay to be able to meet him). Deviant was actually inspired by The Brick... if you look at it now its gone a long way from where I first began.

10. When did you first start writing?

I can't think of a time that I didn't write. I wrote a lot as a kid/young teenager but my stories were always resembling actual published stuff, so, I started doing NaNoWriMo 5 years ago and thats when I really class myself as starting to write since its when I started straying away from published stuff and coming up with my own novels

11. Why did you start posting stories on Wattpad?

I saw other peoples, mainly fanfics on here and I thought I would give it ago. It looked like the best website of the kind. To be honest I originally planned on posting just the first chapter, looking at the feedback and then deciding whether to continue the story in private or just scrap it, but the feedback was over whelming and I continued posting.

12. What do you love most about writing?

I love getting lost in my own story and being able to take it where ever I want it to go. Its an escape from the stresses of life and I do it because I love it and not because someone wants me to do it. My stories are mine, I write purely for myself (but I do love others reading them! :))

13. If you could change one thing in any of your books, what would it be?

I sometimes get a bit narked with my writing style, I kind of wish it was different but that would mean rewriting entire novels... so other than that, nothing really.

14. When you start writing a new book, does it already have a plot or are you as clueless as to what will happen as your fans are?

I have a kind of half plot. Rather than a plot I have a few scenes in my head and normally the ending, I just try and work out there as I go along, hence I never know how long my novel might be. Generally, those scenes are the first things wrote out and set in stone.

15. When starting a new story, what comes into your mind first, the Title, the basic idea of the book, or the characters?

I always have a basic idea first, the characters come next and normally the title is the very last thing that I manage to come up with.

16. If you could tell your fans one thing, besides Thank You, what would it be?

Besides thank you? Gosh.. Well, you have really inspired me in the short time I have been here! I expected maybe 1 comment and about 5 reads... but all your positive feedback has really inspired me. In all honesty I was about to give up on writing after some of my friends commented on how 'stupid' it was and how it was a 'waste of time' and this was one final go and you guys have set it in stone that no matter what I am doing, how old I am or what is going on in my life, I have to write. Its not a want, its a need.

17. What would you like to tell all of the Hope-To-Be Authors that are currently on Wattpad?

Don't be afraid of feedback. 99.9% of the people out there who give you 'bad' aka constructive criticisms are not trying to put you down or hate your story, they are trying to help to stride forward and improve. Everyone can improve! Don't take it to heart and reflect on what they say!

18. Do you use any other sites to post your stories?

Not anymore, other than the old website I mentioned above. I am purely Wattpad.

19. Would you like to share your Facebook, Tumblr or Twitter with fans and readers?

Tumblr: ayeupduck.tumblr.com

(Just gonna sneak this one in ;))

NaNoWriMo: http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/spottyrainbow/

20. Would you like to mention anything else that i've forgotten?

No, not at all! :)

Other than thanks for reading and please check out Deviant!