Interview With TorynnLewis

1. Wattpad Username(s): TorynnLewis  

2. Age:

N/A  

3. Gender:

Female  

4. What are the names of all the books you write or have posted on Wattpad and their short summary (if any)?

What Must Be Done: The Adventures of Robin Hood: Everybody knows of the legend of Robin Hood. Rob from the rich and give to the poor. But Robin Hood--the man who was to become legend--is more than just that. He is an idea. A hero willing to do what must be done in order to protect the country he loves and its people, often times abandoning his own interests. That's what makes him legend.  

Perfects: We've been zapped back and forth so many times I'd lost count.  We've been to every Reality, all across the Timelines.  We've been sent as observers, as protectors, as assassins, and more that I don't care to remember.  We've lived countless lives that should have belonged to other people, never allowed to live our own.   But that's the thing about being Perfect.  We are the Keepers of Time, never subject to age or disease.  But behind the Zapper are the Keepers of the Perfects. And in their eyes burned the power of lost humanity  

5. Which of these books is/was your favorite story to write and why?

 I liked writing Robin Hood the most, probably because that story hits closest to home with me.  I love the story and I loved making the characters my own.  I did a lot of research in regards to the historical aspects of England at the time and hope to incorporate that into the legend.  It's exciting to give such a wonderful legend more depth and a different face.  I love it.  

6. Do any of the scenes in your books come from real life experiences, and if so do you want to elaborate which scenes and in what books?

In Robin Hood, there is a scene where he talks to a Muslim man about religion.  I had a similar conversation with an old teacher of mine in regards to the nature of God.  Otherwise, most of the rest of these stories come from an annoying habit I have of talking to myself.  

7. When you're writing, do you have a schedule or something you MUST do before/during/after your writing? When I'm writing, I write for me.  I then go back and make it presentable for the public.  I figure there's no point in writing to write; so I might as well like what I'm writing.  When I'm writing, I have to listen to a song on repeat relative to what I'm writing.  For example, I last listened to Wanted Dead of Alive by Bon Jovi while writing Robin Hood.  That's probably just a wierd fettish though.  

8. What inspired you to want to start writing and posting your stories for hundreds, perhaps thousands of people to read? 

Well, I guess I just got tired of only writing for me.  Figured I'd see what the rest of the world had to say about it.  

9. Who is your number one inspiration when it comes to writing?

 C. S. Lewis.  Hands down.  

10. Have you ever completed a story, and if you have, then how many? 

I've taken creative writing courses and in them completed a variety of short stories.  I'm not going to put them here because I don't really like them.  I was writing for the sake of a class, not for me.  I don't like them.  I haven't finished anything longer than a short story, though, but I'm making progress.  

11. What are your favorite parts to write in your stories? 

In Robin Hood, I love writing his inner thoughts.  I really kind of made him think like me and it was very interesting.  In Perfects, I love the sarcasm of the main characters and how he uses it to wave off his grief and hatred.  That's also a lot of what I do.  

12. What part of a book is your favorite to read? 

The end.  That's the first thing I do when I get the book, even before reading the description.  Then I know if I like it.  

13. What is your favorite book of all time? 

You're making me choose?!  The Chronicles of Narnia.  It's not getting any narrower than that.  That might sound childish, but you know what? So is life!  

14. What was the first book you ever remember reading? 

Dr. Seuss with my dad.  

15. Who is your favorite published author and why are they your favorite? 

CS Lewis.  I'm obsessed.  His writing is brilliant.  I love the Space Triloy, everything.  It's deep and meaningful and you can tell he wrote for himself.  I love his writing.  It's beautiful.  

16. If you had the chance to have a conversation with your favorite author, what would be the first thing you’d ask them? 

I'd ask him to explain, in extreme detail, all of the symbolism behind Narnia.  Then, I'd ask him to introduce me to Tolkien.  

17. What made you start writing?

 I had an english teacher in grade school who told me that if there's a story you want to read that hasn't been written yet, I had to write it.  So I groaned in frustration and started writing.  

18. And who's your favorite Wattpad author and why?

 N/a  

19. If you could ask your favorite Wattpad author one thing, what would it be?

n/a  

20. Would you like to say ANYTHING else that I have forgotten in this interview, any shootouts or to give your fans and readers your Facebook, Tumblr or Twitter?

n/a