Chapter 2: A magical encounter

SQUIRREL'S POINT OF VIEW

        TWO YEARS LATER.

        It's the first day of university for me and my two best friends, Rabbit and Joey.

        "Hey, are you guys nervous? I know I am." I asked nervously.

        "Duh, just look at this place, it's enormous!" Joey responded to Squirrel's question.

        "And LOOK at all these people walking around us, we could get stampede by them and no one would know," Rabbit joined in the conversation.

        "I know right, please don't get separated with me, I don't want to be alone in this sea of people," I said as we approached the television showing the classrooms that are assigned with our own current subjects.

        "Hmm....unfortunately for you, it looks like we'll be separating from here, we have different classes remember?" Rabbit reminded me while pointing at the screen on the wall. "How about we rendezvous in front of the library during lunch time?"

        "Sure, keep your phone on too, just in case we got lost somehow." I added. After making sure we all know the location of our class, we went to our separate ways.

        After two hours of boring introduction from my lecturer, it's finally time to have lunch Rabbit and Joey. I left the lecture hall happily, making my way towards the library where it's nice and quiet. I found Rabbit and Joey just outside the door of the library and we made our way to the cafeteria while talking excitedly about our first class that day. 

        A few dodging and a few apologies after accidentally knocking into people later, we finally found am empty table and sat down with our food in front of us.

        "That was a challenge." Joey remarked.

        "So glad I didn't spilled my drink, " Rabbit said.

        "I'm glad I made it here in one piece, " I added. Out of the corner of my eye, a familiar face appeared and I looked up to confirm my doubt and saw the a boy that look alike with the boy who helped us against the group of mean girls two years ago. Maybe a little more handsome than before and look less nerdy. Just to confirm myself,  I nudged Rabbit in the elbow.

        "Hey, Rabbit, look at that guy sitting two tables away from us" 

        Rabbit looked up and searched for the boy I'd mentioned to her and gasped. "Is he who I think he is?"

        "Yup, your reaction just confirms my doubt," I said.

        "What are you guys looking at," Joey asked her after talking two huge bites of her food.

        "Well, let's say your wish just came true." Rabbit said with a smile and motioned Joey to look behind with a finger.

        A chain of disaster occurred right after her eye contacted with the image of the boy sitting behind her. She gasped loudly and her hand knocked over the cup of tea she got for her set lunch and it spilled all over her. When she tried to get away from her seat she accidentally bumped into a girl who was carrying a tray and on it were two bowls of steaming hot noodles soup. The tray flipped over and landed on the empty ground between their feet, fortunately no one was sitting near that table and no one got burnt by the hot soup. Joey immediately apologized to the girl she bumped into while grabbing a bunch of tissue papers from me and Rabbit and handing it to the girl without stopping the long chain of apologies. The girl just muttered something under her breathe and was trying to wipe herself dry with the clean tissues Joey handed her. I took some tissues and started to wipe the table dry while Rabbit was borrowing more tissues from her classmates sitting beside our table. This whole commotion attracted the attention of almost everyone having lunch at the cafeteria, and no doubt the boy who helped us that year noticed the incident and was looking towards our table. He probably couldn't see us because there were a row of bystanders between him and out table that blocked his view. Finally, the girl stared at Joey hard and walked away while sulking her face.