Gang fight

(Before Infinity War)

Peter felt his knees grow weak. Everyone around him sent him pitiful looks before leaving but Peter didn't care. Nothing mattered anymore.

'Y-you p-promised you'd s-stay with me.' Peter chocked out the words.

'You promised you'd never leave me.' Peter cried not caring that he was being watched.

Tony watched from afar as the teen cried. Speaking his thoughts aloud as if May would hear him. As if it was all a joke and she'd come right back hugging the 15 year old vigilante and providing all the love in the world. But it was a mere dream. May Parker was dead. Their was no denying it. Tony approached the teen.

'Pete?' Tony engulfed him in a hug.

'She's-she's gone Mr. Stark.' Peter cried into his mentors shoulder.

'I know, Pete. I know.' He runs soothing circles on his back whilst combing his fingers through Peter's curls.

Tony guided Peter to his car whilst letting the boy cry on his shoulder. His eyes were red from all the crying. Once Happy saw the broken teen he felt pity for him. Knowing that pity was the last thing Peter would want right now, Happy put on his usual poker face.

The whole drive to the tower Peter had cried. He cried himself to sleep. As for Tony their was only one thought on his mind.

Flashback

Tony had been working in the tower when Friday informed him that Peter was out on patrols.

'Fri activate the baby monitor protocol.' Tony ordered moving away from the suit he had been working on.

A holographic projection appeared showing everything from Peter's perspective. Peter was swinging through queens talking with Karen. It was just like all the other patrols he did so Tony went back to working whilst listening to Peter and Karen talk about random things.

'............I SAID HOW FAR KAREN!?' Peter yelled, startling the distracted billionaire.

'A few blocks away, Peter.' The AI had responded.

'Fri what happened?' Tony asked bringing his full attention back towards Peter.

'There's a gang fight a couple of blocks away from Peter's location. He seemed disturbed at the news himself.' Friday responded. Tony frowned.

'Show me the place.' Tony ordered. Tony's eyes widened in horror as realisation dawned over him.

His eyes once again landed on the Hologram. Peter was getting people to safety.

'Fri upload the coordinates in my suit.' Tony let the nano particles expand onto his body whilst quickly running off.

Tony arrived at the place. The gang fight was right next to the FEAST center. Tony quickly got to helping the Spiderling get everyone to safety.

'Nice of you to join in helping the little guys.' Spiderman chuckled when he saw Ironman. Of course Tony knew that the chuckle was forced but for Peters sake he decided to let it slide.

'Just making sure you don't screw up again.' Tony said without any hint of emotion.

'Aww come on. I thought you trusted me.' Spiderman said grabbing a five year old girl in his lap and swinging her away from the chaotic scene.

'Nope.' Tony chuckled disarming two thugs who had a pretty shitty accuracy which already caused two people to be injured.

Tony rushed toward the FEAST center. He quickly ushered everyone to safety, making sure that the thugs didn't shoot anyone.

'Underoos get the rest of the people out of here while I disarm all these thugs.' Tony ordered when he realised their effort were all going to waste.

'Alright Mr. Stark.' Peter said before swinging off.

Tony aimed his repulsers at the thugs knocking out a few of them. This grabbed all of their attention and they were now focusing on killing Ironman instead of fighting each other.

Tony disarmed some of the thugs but one of them with a lousy accuracy missed him resulting in the bullet hitting two civilians. Before Tony could make out what happened agonising screams were heard.

Those screams were enough to make a person comprehend the worst. Tony was faced with two bodies lying on the ground. One of them clenched in the spiderlings arms as he begged her to stay alive.

But fate did not agree with the teen.

End of Flashback

Tony sat at the compound engulfed by the thought of May's death. He blamed himself. If he had been fast enough maybe May would still be alive. Maybe Peter wouldn't have to go through this all over again.

'Where's the kid?' A voice rang through Tony's ears.

'He's asleep, Rhodes.' Tony answered letting out a sigh.

'Are you still sure you want to do this, Tony?' Rhodey asked. Tony nodded. He knew what Rhodey was talking about. Rhodey, Pepper and Happy were the only people Tony had told that he was considering adopting Peter.

Of course at first they were all hesitant at agreeing since the government wouldn't really approve considering Tony used to be a playboy, but eventually Pepper agreed seeing the determination and love Tony held for Peter. 

Even Happy and Rhodey agreed once they realised that Tony had even agreed to change if he had to for Peter's sake.

The next few months. Tony helped Peter settle in. The past isn't easy to let go so moving on wasn't the easiest step, so helping Peter adapt to his new life had become his priority.

Tony would do anything he could to make sure that Peter was safe. After all he was his kid.

Hey guys yep I'm back.
Thank you so much for 63k reads.
And first vote is................ fran_nyy12

 fran_nyy12