Chapter 54

Maddie's POV

It's been 3 years since Liam was shot. He healed well after the emergency surgery he had. He went through 3 months of physical therapy. It was so hard for him, relearning how to walk and do everyday things. On bad days, he still has a bit of a limp, but it's not horrible. My foot healed as well, not causing me too much pain at all.

We stayed together through it all. Through the surgeries and the physical therapy and the pain. We were always together, cheering each other on. We're still together now.

We both turned eighteen last year, making the decision to move in with each other. We bought a nice little house down the street from Louis's. It didn't cost us too much, all we had was the little money we saved when he got out of physical therapy. But it was enough. Enough to get us started.

Now I sit in our living room in a blue dress, waiting for him. He insisted on taking me out tonight. Today is the day we first talked to each other 3 years ago. He said this occasion simply cannot go uncelebrated. I laugh just thinking about his plea to take me out. He didn't have to beg at all, I would follow him to the ends of the earth.

He walks down the staircase of our small home and smiles when he sees me. "Oh my love, you look absolutely stunning," he takes my hand and kisses it, "As always."

I blush, "Well thank you! You don't look too shabby yourself! I'm a lucky girl!" I smile, pressing my lips into him. In the past three years, this has become one of my favorite feelings.

"I'm the lucky one here sweet girl. Are you ready to go? Our reservation awaits!" He says guiding me towards the door.

"Liam, you really didn't have to spend all this money-" I start.

"Ah ah ah, don't even mention it! I just want us to have a nice evening, because we deserve it. You deserve it." He says opening the door for me. He's still a gentleman.

I always worry about money, even though I shouldn't. Liam works too hard for his money to blow it all on me. He and the other four boys finally started the band they were talking about. We're not sure how far it'll go, but they call themselves One Direction. Right now, they're playing in pubs and at small gigs, but they're so good I think it'll change quickly. To say the least, he works so hard with his friends everyday, and I don't want him to spend all his money on me.

"Liam, before we go, I have a gift to give you," I smile as I run away and go to grab the gift. Handing it to him, I realize how nervous I am that he won't like it.

"Maddie, you really didn't have to. I love you whether you give me gifts or not-" he tries to object.

"To quote you, you deserve it," I say, placing a kiss on his adorable button nose. He scrunches it up under my lips. That's one of my favorite things that he does.

"Well you're really sweet for doing this." He tears the paper and gapes down at the Michael Kors watch. "Maddie! This must've cost you a fortune!"

I shrug, "It wasn't that bad, besides you've been saying you wanted one forever now! Do you like it?" I smile.

"Of course I do! I love it!" He pulls me into a nice warm hug,"And I love you. so much."

And with that, we're off to dinner.

***

At the fancy restaurant, we tell the hostess our reservation name and are seated within minutes. The air even tastes fancy. I turn to Liam and whisper, "How do you think these people would react if they knew I had McDonald's for lunch?"

He turns a rosy red from trying to hold in his laughter. He lets out a small giggle and shakes his head, leaning forward to whisper back, "They'd probably cry and then offer you some organic guacamole!"