Chapter 42

Liam's POV

It's been two months since I've moved in with Louis and Shelby. I've been trying to mix in school, football, and being a good boyfriend, and it's really taken a tole on my health.

I cough into my elbow and look at the alarm clock that goes off before my eyes. I know I should quit football since my dad isn't pushing me anymore, but I can't. The seasons not over and the coach will kill me. Plus, I can't just make a complete 180 personality change in the middle of the year. I've started this, now I have to finish it.

Finishing it means three more weeks of absolute hell until summer vacation. Three weeks until I can focus completely on being happy with Maddie.

I pull myself out of bed to get ready for school. I should stay home, since I'm sick, but I can't bear to do that. Staying home means going a day without seeing Maddie. That means a day of being miserable.

So I get in the shower, singing a few tunes as I scrub my body down. Things have changed a lot since I've moved in with Louis and Shelby. I can sing as much and as loud as I want, I make my own rules, and I can leave whenever I please. It's like I'm already 18.

Louis knocks on the door as I finish up my hair. "Mate! Breakfast is ready when you are! Shelby made some amazingly good eggs!"

I can practically hear the smile in his voice. He's so happy with her, it's the happiest I've ever seen him. Louis and I have always been good friends. We share common interests like singing and writing songs. We even thought of starting a band once, nothing really came of it. We should try again sometime.

At the thought, I bounce downstairs and grab Louis by the shoulders. "WE HAVE TO START A BAND!"

Louis takes me by surprise and grabs my shoulders back, "CALm down!" He laughs, "Why are you mentioning it again all the sudden?"

"Do you remember a few months back at the airport when my friends Zayn, Niall and Harry were there? Well they love music too! I think we should all make a band together!" I say smiling.

"Well if they want to as well, we can surely give it a go!" Louis says with a smile.

I can feel something inside me that's jumping at the idea. It's close to the same feeling I feel when I look at my baby.

Speaking of my baby, the doorbell rings. I run over to it and open the door to see Maddie leaning against the doorframe with keys in her hand.

"Guess who doesn't have to drive you to school in a nasty old Mini Cooper anymorrreee," she says waving the keys and smiling.

"You got a new car!" I shout excitedly, picking her up and kissing her. She giggles and nods.

"I did! I bought it with my own money and everything!" She says, dancing. She's so incredibly adorable and, at the same time, stubborn. I offered to help her pay for the car last month, but she insisted on paying for it completely with her own money.

I should probably tell her I may have slipped a few hundreds into her savings jar when she wasn't looking, but that's another story for another day.

"What did you get?!" I ask peering around the corner of her shoulder to try and catch a glimpse.

"A NISSAN!" She exclaims happily. I love seeing Maddie like this, happy and passionate. When she talks about something she's passionate about, her eyes light up and her smile gets wider. It's absolutely beautiful.

"That's so amazing baby! Show me, show me, show me!" I beg. She grabs my hand and pulls me down the driveway to her car. She then poses in front of it.

"Isn't it the epitome of beauty and happiness?" She says, stroking the hood.

"Yes, you are," I smile, leaning in to kiss her. She dodges me, causing my to pout.

"You're cute, but we need to get to school," she says hopping in the drivers seat.

I cross my arms and stick my tongue out at her, as if we were five. "I refuse to get in this car until you kiss me."

She shrugs her shoulders, "Fine, I'll just leave you here then. In the cold. Alllll alone."

I sniff a little and cough, the cold is having an affect on my throat making it sore. Maybe it's best she doesn't kiss me, but I'm far too selfish for that. I need to taste her beautiful lips.

I squint my eyes at her, "You won't."

"Oh really?" She shifts the gears and starts to drive off.

"NO WAIT PLEASE OK IM SORRY IM COMING!" I shout. She laughs and I hop in on the other side. She ends up kissing me anyways. We then drive off to school, a sad place.

It's not so sad when I have Maddie though.

{AWE LIAMS SICK BUT MIAMS ADORABLE WOW

Hello all, I'm really glad you guys are reading this aND IM SO EXCITED FOR OTRA TO START TONIGHT SJSNSKN

Ps. Maddie's probably dead lol}