Chapter 51

Liam's POV

I heard Maddie singing a beautiful song, her voice was soft and melodic. Her voice was the rope that I grabbed a hold of and used to pull myself out of the darkness.

As soon as she sees I'm awake, she attacks me with a giant hug. I'll never tell her how much it hurt me since I'm still fragile. I'll never tell her because while it hurt physically, it feel so good emotionally.

"It feels like it's been years baby," I say, savoring the moment and stroking her hair. It feels so good to hold her again, to be able to converse with her.

"It's been three weeks since I've heard you speak," she says sobbing into my shoulder, "I'm so glad you're back."

"Oh sweetheart, I never left. I was always here, just listening. I could hear everything, I just couldn't respond. It was awful, hearing you cry and not being able to comfort you like I wanted to. I'm so sorry," I apologize, pulling away to kiss her.

"Don't apologize, I'm just glad you're ok now," she sniffs. I scoot over on the bed, making room for her, and she climbs on with me, cuddling me.

"What happened to your foot? We're you hurt?" I ask, just now taking notice of the wrap around her foot.

"Your dad shot me," she laughs a little, "I think he was going for the head though, so either he's a really bad aim or I moved."

"He's probably a bad aim, I always knew I got the talent of the family" I joke, pretending to flip my hair.

It feels so good to be with her again. To joke and laugh and see her beautiful smile.

Just knowing that she stayed with me for three weeks makes me so happy. She didn't give up on me, just like I'll never give up on her.

She suddenly jumps up, "I've gotta tell the others! They'll be so mad they left to shower and clean up!" She immediately pulls her phone out and starts to call them.

When she gets off the phone and informs me that they'll be here "quicker than I can say the word marbles", she climbs back into my arms.

I play with her hair, twisting, braiding, and running it through my fingers. She's told me before how much she loves it when I play with her hair.

I feel something wet against my leg and look at her, "Uh babe, are you...on your period?" I ask.

"No, it was two weeks ago, why?" She asks. I feel myself freeze, I reach down and touch the wet spot, bringing it back up to my fingers.

It's red.

Blood.

My blood.

{SO EVERYTHING WAS HUNKY DORY UNTIL LIAM STARTED BLEEDING WOW UH OH

So thanks for reading ily all Happy Valentine's Day! Xx

Ps. MADDIE IM SORRY THIS IS KINDA SHORT BUT HEY LIAMS YOUR VALENTINE SO WHO CARES}