THE TABLES HAVE BEEN TURNED

JENNIE

Lisa dropped me off at the hospital around one in the afternoon. She wanted to accompany me inside but I told her to go and meet Hyeri already and they should not be late in court for the hearing.

I met the hospital Director and he is really a cool guy just like my Dad. Sadly, he will be retiring soon and selling this hospital.

"Dr. Kim, I talked to Dr. Ford and I couldn't believe everything he said about you, but he has proof.
Here, we all know that I am retiring so soon, right? Like in six months. I couldn't find a replacement. I mean, Doctors here are great but I still can't choose from them. You know, being a hospital Director you need to also think of strategies and marketing plans, right? So, upon reading your background from Dr. Ford's hospital which is the world's most outstanding Medical circle, it was stated how it has grown 90% bigger because of you being there. And patients and their families chose you as their Doctor even if you were just still on your residency. Very impressive."
Director Yoo is so impressed and he keeps talking about my achievements.

"So, aside from complying on your last two months of residency, will you accept my offer to have you here as our new Director when I retire, Doctor Kim?"

What?
Wait. Why me?

"Oh. This is surprising, Dr. Yoo. I am so grateful and thankful. But how about those who are in high position here already and with the longest experience?"
I asked.

"I believe, effectivity and skills are not about how long you have been a Doctor. You deserve this, Dr. Jennie Kim. Please don't say no."

"Wait. I should discuss first with Lisa tonight about this. So, are you selling this hospital?"
I asked and he nodded.

I think I'm interested. I'll ask Lisa if it's practical to buy this hospital from the inheritance I got from my parents.
Maybe this is where their money should go so we can help people.

Mom and Dad picked me up at the hospital and we headed straight to the restaurant where the proposal will happen tonight.
First, we ate at the mall since the Manager told me that they are still preparing the private area with flowers and all.
I messaged Lisa the name of the place but I got no reply. Maybe the hearing is ongoing now.

Hours passed and it's getting a little dark and the three of us are waiting for Hanbin at the café. The screen monitor inside this café was tuned up for the news.

BREAKING NEWS

Atty. Lisa Manoban won Lee Hyeri's case against her ex-husband Jackson Wang. We were all surpised that the two had their secret marriage years ago. Now, Ms. Hyeri is totally free, and as you can see, Jackson Wang will be facing multiple cases for abusing his ex-wife.

Press people are trying to get Hyeri and Lisa's words about the case but Lisa brought Hyeri inside the actress' car aright away and she also went to hers.

Mom and Dad are so proud of Lisa looking at her on the screen. I smiled too. God. Lisa is indeed the best lawyer! I am so happy for her.

L: Baby, we're done here. By 630pm, I'll be at the restaurant. I'll just have a short meeting with Jimin first.

I replied immediately.

J: Don't you know how hot you are on the TV screen? Congratulations, babe! See you later and please take care. I love you so much.

L: I deserve a reward, Doc! Thank you. I love you more! I can't wait to see you.

I laughed on that reward thing she's saying.