BEERS AND BARBECUE

LISA

The wedding happened in our backyard again. There's lovely Jennie in her white dress and I can't see any other women as beautiful as her.
The ring I have been wanting to give looks good on her finger.

God. The love of my life is really my wife now.

I couldn't stop my happiness every time I visit her at the hospital and people call her Dr. Manoban. This hot Doctor is my wife and she's just mine forever.

I didn't get Jennie pregnant right after our wedding because I want her to enjoy her time taking care of the patients and being the Director of her own hospital.
Some of my clients became her patients. And some of her patients became my clients too.
Funny how Jennie and I are living the life our parents wanted for us.
So lovely how we live the life we have always wanted for us.

I started teaching once a week in the University where we took college. I am so glad that they offer Law course and I am one of the pioneer professors.
Jennie wanted to teach too but she decided not to do it anymore as she wants to take care of me.

I respect and support all her decisions in life as long as she doesn't tire herself.

I am no longer taking foreign jobs to assist some of my clients for some legalities since the day I married Jennie. I don't want to be away from her and I could feel how happy she is when I am around her.

We're like a new couple who have known each other for a long time. The romantic excitement, the love and thrill have been present. And I can say that I am falling in love with my wife even more.

Our first anniversary came as married couple and she asked me to pick her up from the hospital using the new car she bought for me as a gift. She said it's about time to bring back the Rover to my parents and add another car for us at home.
At first, I was so shy because she bought me the latest black Wrangler. She caught me one time looking at the photos because I was planning to buy my own car.
But this morning, I woke up to this shining black monster at the garage!
She promised that we'll get a Rover of our own when we have kids already for their safety.

And my gift to Jennie?
I processed our daughter's remains to be transferred here in Korea. I personally took her from the US three days ago so she can be with her Mom here. I know she didn't come from me but I know she came from my heart too. Sorry Jen, I lied when I said I just had to clear up some pending papers in the US. I just wanted to surprise you, my love.

I also put up another branch of Aunt Nila's restaurant at Gangnam because it's really doing well here in Seoul. It made my wife cry when we officially opened that branch last week.
Hanbin is really doing great running the business but Jennie and I give our best too to do our part as owners.

Afternoon came and I picked her up from the hospital for our anniversary date. But I asked her first if we can go first at the cemetery to visit her parents and our children.
We did and brought flowers and talked to them.
She was surprised seeing a small tomb. She looked me.

"Our daughter. Now she's with us. She's with her brother. Surely she's taking care of him up above, love. I know how much she misses her Mom too. She misses you for sure.

Let's give them names. We never did. Up to you. Then I'll have it engraved here. "
I said and Jennie hugged me tight. I wiped her tears. I know she did not expect me to do this. But I know in my heart that I love this little angel and she was also part of me even if she's not biologically mine.

"Thank you! Thank you so much, Lisa!"

"I love you, Jennie."