HANDS OF GLORY

JENNIE

Our relationship is going stronger day by day. We did not expect that we'll reach this point of waking up and it's our anniversary already as a couple.
She is always doing a great job as my lover.
She makes me feel I am the prettiest woman in her eyes. She never gave me a reason to get jealous but I don't know why I still am whenever her classmates or a stranger at school approaches her when I am not around.
I would get mad, yes. But my girlfriend woos me whenever I am jealous.

Today is our anniversary, but I woke up in bed sad as I haven't received a text or call from her. She usually sends me messages or calls me when it's the time of the month to celebrate our relationship.

I came to school not in a good mood.
People greets me but I just can't force myself to smile. I sent a message to Lisa.

J: Babe, good morning! Are you at school already? Have you eaten your breakfast?

It took an hour for her to reply. God.

L: Good morning, my love. Yes. Already at school, at the music room. You?

Oh yeah. She probably forgot the day today.

J: Done. What are you doing at the music room? I didn't know you can play instruments.

L: I just dropped by something to give to a student. Let's have lunch together at the cafeteria later?

J: Sure.

L: Jennie.

J: Yes?

L: I love you.

I blushed. Lisa's romantic randomness is always giving me this excitement.

J: Oh. I love you too! By the way, where are you heading to right now? Can I see and hug you, love?

L: Law building. I have a class on International Relations in a bit. Where are you? I'll go where you are.

J: On my way to the lab but I am just near the Law building. I'll see you outside your room then.

L: Okay, baby. I miss you.

I am really excited to see her. See how Lisa makes my day so bright? I was so sad this morning because of her, but she's also the one who makes me happy in her simple ways.

As I approach the law building, I heard Lisa's voice and I can see her figure on my peripheral vision.

She is kneeling on the ground and hugging a woman. A beautiful woman.
I have witnessed how that girl cupped my girlfriend's face and kissed her on the lips.
I don't know if I'll come near or go away.

But my feet are trembling and my tears are starting to form around my eyes. What the hell am I seeing?
She just told me she loves me a while ago and here comes trouble.

"Wow! Too fast, Lisa."
I said in my shaking voice and wiped my tears.
She was surprised and the women too. Lisa stood up and came near me. She was about to touch me but I moved back and gestured not to touch me.

"Baby, let me explain. It's not what you think."
She said. I just looked at her in the eyes and Lisa looks scared and uneasy.

"Is it not? So what is it? You did not even move back when she held your face."
I said and walked out but she grabbed my arm.

I felt so hurt inside. This is the first time I witnessed that situation. I can't believe I would be hurt this way.
I slapped her.
Oh god.
Shit.
I was shocked with what I did too.