PAINT ME A PICTURE WITHOUT HER

LISA

"You know, it's okay to cry. You can even scream if you want. No one's going to hear you right now aside from me. I don't mind." Nancy appeared behind me as I endure the pain in the middle of our University's soccer field after I had enough kicks alone.

"Hi." I said while wiping my tears.

"Did she dump you?" She asked and sat beside me on a bench.

"Well, obviously, I already knew from the start that I don't have a chance with her but I still kept going. I'm also the one who decided to quit. She will never like me. We all know that."
I said chuckling and she handed me a bottled water.
She took a towel from her bag and wiped my face and my back.

"What's not to like about you, Lis? You are kind and very respectful. Don't worry. You are not alone. We're a tie now. But it's just so weird that I am still here for you."
She said and I came to realize something. Nancy likes me since we were in high school and she actually never gave up.

"I am sorry. If I could only force myself to give you what you deserve from me, I really would."
I said and she smiled.

"Of course, I wouldn't let you do that to yourself, Lis. I am not that desperate. I am happy to see you everyday and I just want to see you happy soon. I hope. I am contented. Don't worry about me." She said and I stared straight in her eyes.
Man, I just only realize now how good of a person she is and so good-looking too.

"Do you have something to do tonight?" She asked me.

"I'm taking a part-time job at the donut shop in a while. Shift's from 630pm-10pm. You?" I asked.

"Really making yourself busy to get over, huh? Nice job!" She said and we both shook our head and chuckled.

"I don't know where to go but I think I would love to eat warm sugar glazed donuts and hot coffee. What do you think?" She added and she is so cute thinking of donuts.

"Sure! Coffee and donuts are on me. Come with me to work?" I offered and she didn't have second thoughts anymore.

We walked going to the University's parking lot and I asked her if I can drive her car after I took a shower at the back of the stadium. Just being a gentle one. Nancy is a very fragile girl. She's so careful with her actions literally. She can't even break a glass. She agreed and I assured her I have a driver's license since my father processed it few months ago. He would let me drive his boss when he is not feeling well on weekends.

She gave me her keys. I took her things and carried those for her. I opened the door for this beautiful lady when we reached her car.

Then I found out beside Nancy's car is Kai's.
He and Jennie are inside, making out.
She broke their kiss when she saw me.
Of course, it fucking hurts but I don't have the right to stop them.

I drove until we reached the donut shop.
I prepared Nancy's hot donuts and coffee. I also sat beside her when there's no customer from time to time and I enjoyed talking to her.
We talked about life and her interests but she is more eager to know about my art. She asked me to make a sketch of her.
But she wants to be naked.
I actually never tried drawing a naked woman before  but I already sculpted a lot.

"Aare you sure?"
I asked her.

"Do I look like I'm joking? Hey! Lisa, if you're thinking I am flirting with you by being naked in front of you, please don't ever think that way. I just want to be drawn. Are you free tomorrow?"
She said and looks like she is sincere.

"Oh, yeah. Sure. Tomorrow! Whewhere?"
I asked.

"At my apartment."
She said and I agreed. I am honestly nervous.

Nancy waited for me to finish my shift and she brought me home.
I did not expect she is so sensible and I really felt guilty ignoring her for a long time.
She is fun to be with and every word she says is so meaningful.

The next day, it happened.
I drew her naked inside her room.
I really tried my best to keep my thing calm down there.
I succeeded.

"Lisa, you are an artist of beauty!
Lisa, this is—. Wow!" She can't believe I only drew her for an hour on a big canvass and the output really amazed her.

She took a picture of it and posted on her Instagram and Facebook.

"Give me your bank details. I am transferring your fee. How much does this artwork cost?" She asked.

"What? No. I won't let you pay it. It's as pretty as you, Nancy. By the way, would you mind putting on your clothes first?" I said and she got startled on my last sentence.
Thank god she immediately wore her clothes.

"I know. But no way, Lisa. I must pay you. Don't do this. This is so wrong. Never give your art for free." She said. But it's still a no.

"Nancy, I already consider you as someone so close to me. Please just take this as a gift? Please? Happy birthday." Yes, she almost forgot it's her birthday. How can I forget? She had been always treating the whole class back in high school on her birthday.

"Youyou remembered when I almost forgot."
She said and hugged me.

"Dinner at the 50's diner? What do you think?" I asked her and she is so excited.

"Yes please! Thank you, Lisa!"
She couldn't stop jumping like a kid. So cute.

We ate a lot and I paid for it. It's her birthday and she deserves a treat! And this is just actually a cheap diner. I am really happy that Nancy is so simple and it's so easy to make her happy.

"Lis, I think you got a lot of clients now. Hmmm. Check your Instagram." She said. To my surprise, I got 200+ messages inquiring about my work.
I even got more than a thousand followers in an hour and it keeps rising since she posted the artwork of mine for her.

I forgot Nancy's a social media influencer.
People actually loves her for using her popularity to raise awareness on social issues and goodwill.

And here I am, I don't know which inquiry to accept first. God. This will make me rich. Kidding!

----------------------------------------
Teka, bakit bigla akong kinilig dito? 🤍
JOKE!!!!!!!
#JenLisa pa rin ba?