PAST PAINTINGS

LISA

I did not let Jennie come to the US alone. Mom and Dad brought her to the airport as I couldn't take seeing her leave.
But the moment they left the house, I packed my clothes and booked a ticket right away.
I accompanied her for three days until I settled everything from her apartment, the car she will use, all her needs and I also processed the money of her parents from the bank to be transferred to her before we left.

I could see the excitement in her eyes that finally she is going back to school. It's just a year until she's done with Med school then another three years for her residency at the hospital. I just hope that she will take her residency in Seoul and not here in the US.

"Jen?"
I kept kissing her as we're still cuddling in bed.
We got tired strolling and buying all her stuff.

"Hmmm?"

"About your residency,
are you going to have it here or in Korea?
I mean, that's three years."
I asked and a bit nervous.

"I don't know yet, Lis. We'll see when I get there."
She said and smiled at me.

"About us?"
I asked.

"We already talked about it. Let's not force ourselves, Lis. You need time. I need time as well.
If it's us then it's us. Right?"

"I will wait for you. I will support you in every decision you make."
I told her and she hugged me tight.

"Thank you! But Lisa, you deserve to be happy. If you meet someone you'll fall in love with, I may be hurt, but what can I do? I will be happy for you. Please make me as your world. I love you."
She said to me smiling but her tears are forming.

"I love you. Can I still visit you here?"
I asked.

"Well, if you have clients to assist here then why not? Anytime you're able."
She said and I smiled.

We bonded on the remaining days and I also joined her at school when she processed her enrollment.

While we're at the registrar, some law students greeted me. They can still remember me and introduced themselves that they attended my one day lecture here at the University few months ago.

"Ugh! How I wish I can stop you from leaving my side. See how they giggle? What more when you're back in Korea? For sure you'll bring different woman again at your place every night."
Jennie said. She's upset. But it made me laugh.

"You're jealous?"
I asked chuckling.

"I'm not!"
Defensive Jennie,

"I thought you said I should open my doors to possibilities that I'll fall in love with other woman? Hmmm?"
I asked and kept teasing her.

She just rolled her eyes and sighed.
We entered the car and I let her drive so she can master the road. When we lived here before, I was the one who brought her wherever she wanted to go.

"What if I also teach here at the University until you finish your residency? I want to be with you."
I asked. God. I'm too desperate to be with Jennie.

"Really? But how about your clients in Korea, Lis? You have a lot of cases now and a lot more coming in. We're talking about commitments here."
She told me.

"Maybe I can forward those to other lawyers? Sorry. I am just too desperate to be with you, Jen. What if let's get married?"
I said and looked down.