CAROUSEL

JENNIE

Dad and Mom accompanied me to the hospital today because they want to make sure that my pregnancy is safe. They don't want me to experience losing a child again. They personally talked to my Doctor about everything I need.

It took weeks for Lisa to come over because she had to go to other countries and attend to some legalities as she always does.

I'm a month pregnant now and I really need to be careful. I don't want to lose a child again. Especially now that I am having a baby with the person I love. But I am still afraid of telling her. I don't know how she will react.
Lisa has been texting and calling me from time to time but all we talked about is how much she misses me and what's happening to her when she's out of the country. I just remain casual towards her. I don't want to expect too much, even how much I want her to be mine again.
I am just so afraid she'll hurt me because until now, she hasn't forgiven me yet.

Mom and Dad bought everything I need when we went to the mall after my check up. From my milk, to my vitamins, fruits and a lot more. Dad is even too excited and bought a pair of baby clothes. Mom and I laughed so hard when he was choosing and we found out he wants a grandson. So cute!

We arrived at the village and I noticed a white car parked outside our gate.

My phone rang and I answered it.
It's Ji-yong.

I expected it's him. I told Mom and Dad about his intention. They want him to come inside but I refused to let him in.
Lisa bought this house and I believe it's a big disrespect if I invite him inside.

Mom made me promise to call them if I suspect something bad about Ji-yong.

They came inside the house and I led my way outside the gate. I approached his car and got in the passenger seat.

I didn't feel anything
until he started to speak.

"Hi, Jennie. I am sorry if it took years for me to approach you."
He said. He looked shy and nervous.

"Hi. How are you?"
I looked at him and asked.

"I'm good. Great. My— my wife knew everything. It took years for her to forgive me.
I'm sorry about your parents. Mr. Kim was the greatest lawyer I have ever met my entire life. He took me out from the mess I had with my first wife."
He said and I just nodded.

"Good for you."
I said and smiled.

"How are you?"
He asked.

"I'm pregnant."
I said and he smiled.

"With Lisa?"
He asked.

I nodded.

"This is her parents' house. I stay with them."
I said.

"Good thing you two are back together."
He said.

"No. We're not. It's a bit complicated. She hasn't forgiven me yet. You know when I cheated on her with you, it all became hell."
I said and I felt the guilt again I am suffering from.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I— I was out of my mind. I had a girlfriend that time who is my wife now. I also knew you had Lisa. But I— I was too full of myself. I'm sorry for all the pain I have caused, Jen. I also learned that you got pregnant with me and the child..."
He felt so sorry. His tears are forming on the sides of his eyes.