Part 54

We spent the next half hour scrambling around trying to find something to wear. Aston had been rather ambitious when he’d booked dinner, asking for a table for seven o’clock so we could still have an early night.

“Ast, what am I meant to wear?” I whined, dumping out my suitcase on the bed and sifting through the clothes.

“Just something sort of nice,” he replied as he pulled his top off and threw it on the floor.

“What are you wearing?” I sighed, turning away from my pile of clothes and placing a hand on my hip.

“Uhhh… this?” said Aston, pulling a top out of his bag and holding it up. “And jeans…”

“But you’re a guy!” I whined.

“Here let me pick for you,” he grinned coming nearer to me, still topless. I stared at him as he came over to my clothes and dug through it a bit, pulling out a simple black dress at the bottom of the pile. “This works,” he smiled pulling it out.

“How’d you do that?” I asked, trailing a finger down his back as he turned to grin at me with the dress clenched in his hand.

“Do what?” he shivered as I let my fingers walk back up his spine.

“Just pull a dress out like that, I’ve just spent the last ten minutes trying to find something to wear…” I moaned.

“I’m magic,” replied Aston, grabbing hold of my hand that was trailing circles around his back. “You need to behave yourself and get ready, we’re leaving in 15 minutes.”

“Fine,” I huffed, stalking off to the bathroom. Quickly I changed into my dress and fixed my hair, touching up my makeup a bit as well. I couldn’t really be bothered to go all out this evening. With only 15 minutes to get ready it wasn’t going to get much better.

“Ready,” I smiled as I slipped on some shoes and a jacket.

“Good me too,” said Aston reaching out for my hand and linking our fingers together.

We walked out of our room and took the lift down to the lobby of the hotel where Aston had arranged a car to pick us up. 

Not much later and I found myself in a cozy booth in a small restaurant in central Edinburgh. It was nice and quiet and Aston and I were able to have a nice meal together without any interruption. To be honest, I sort of liked this part about our relationship being out in the open. I loved to try new food and it was great that we could finally go out to eat and not be worried about paps.

“Want to go for a quick drink somewhere?” asked Aston as we collected our things, ready to leave the restaurant.

“Sure,” I said as I felt him wrap his arm around my waist and guide me out of the restaurant. 

We wandered down the high street looking for a nice looking bar where we could have a cheeky cocktail before heading back to the hotel. The entire way I felt queasy, like something was off.

“Ast…” I started, ready to ask him if he felt it too.

“Just ignore them babe,” he whispered as he pulled me closer.

“Ignore what? I was just going to ask you if something felt off.”

“It is off,” he replied, as he quickened our pace. “We’ve got about twenty people following us with cameras. Don’t look though!” he whispered quickly.

Without warning I quickly turned my head to look over my shoulder, only to see the mob that Aston had been referring to. My bad. The second I’d turned my head I was blinded by about a hundred flashing lights.

“Baaabe,” sighed Aston. “I told you not to turn around.”

“Sorry,” I giggled. “What do we do?”

“Probably best to grab a cab at this point,” he said in defeat, “No bar is going to let us in with that following behind us.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, they don’t want to deal with the security.”

“This isn’t really fair,” I said.

“Never said it was,” replied Aston as he quickly let go of my waist and ran into the street to hail a cab. I followed him as the paps chased after us. It was slightly unsettling and I didn’t want him to get far from me just in case they got my surrounded. “Climb in,” panted Aston, holding the door open for me.

We clambered in as quickly as we could, but it was no use, by the time we’d shut the door the car was surrounded.

“I’m sorry mate,” Aston said to the driver.

“It’s alright,” he answered gruffly, “Just don’t want to run one of these idiots down.”

We sat and waited for a few minutes, hoping things would clear out, but it was to no avail.

“This is ridiculous,” said Aston, annoyed.

“Just relax” I said quietly.

“I’m going to call the police,” he murmured as he messed with his phone and spoke to someone on the other end.

We sat for another minute as we waited for the police to arrive, I couldn’t believe this was all happening. Just because we’d wanted to go out for dinner and a drink!

A few minutes later and some flashing lights appeared in the distance. Immediately the crowd cleared out and we were able to drive off towards our hotel. As we climbed out of the cab at the hotel I watched as Aston gave the driver a particularly large tip and then thanked the police officer that had come to our rescue. He looked so upset and defeated.

“That’s our perfect night ruined,” he sighed as he wrapped an arm around my waist and led me into the hotel. “I’m so sorry.”

“Hey it’s not over yet,” I replied. “We can have a drink at the hotel bar!”

“It’s not the same…”

“Come on mister,” I said, grabbing his hand and dragging him off to the hotel bar. Before he could interject a comment I ordered us two cocktails and then wandered off to a booth in the corner. “Sit down,” I smiled. After he placed himself in the booth I slid in next to him, pressing my body as close to his as I could.

“Relax,” I told him again, placing a hand on his thigh as I took a sip of my drink. “I love you,” I added, pressing a kiss on his neck.

“Thanks for this babe,” he said after awhile, finally calming down.

“It’s what I’m here for,” I replied, placing another kiss on his neck.

“You’re naughty tonight,” he smirked after a minute, letting his arm fall around my shoulders.

“Hmmm...” I replied with a wink.

“Upstairs now!” said Aston after a second.

“What? Why?” I asked startled, thinking the paps had found us again.

“Because if we don’t head up now I’m going to end up doing things to you that will definitely get us kicked out of this bar…”

“You’re on,” I giggled, downing my drink in one as I slid out of the booth and let him wrap his arm around my back. 

The lift couldn’t come fast enough, and as soon as the doors were secured shut our lips were pressed together in a passionate kiss. It took every ounce of willpower we had not to strip each other down right then and there.

As soon as the door dinged open we ran down the hall to our room where we were able to salvage our disastrous night on the town just by enjoying one another.