Part 27

We stood outside next to Aston’s car, awkwardly. Not really sure what was next for us.

“So I’ll text you this week and we can find a time to hang out around my tour rehearsals,” said Aston, fiddling with his keys.

“You sure you’re ok driving home tonight?” I looked at my watch, at this rate he would get home well after midnight. “If you aren’t busy tomorrow morning, you might as well stay here.”

“Won’t your parents…” started Aston.

“We’ve got a guest room,” I smiled. “They won’t mind. And I’ll get my mum to make you breakfast tomorrow morning. Her’s is the best full English you’ll ever have…”

“Breakfast? I’m sold…” he said grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the house.

“Just be quiet,” I warned as I turned the key. “Not sure if they’re awake anymore or not, don’t want to disturb them.”

“Of course,” said Aston giving my hand a squeeze.

I led him up the stairs to the guest room and then went down the hall to my room to grab out some of his old tracksuit bottoms and a t-shirt that I’d borrowed years ago. Ok, maybe I stole them. 

“Here,” I said, handing them over. He just took them and gave me a raised eyebrow before pushing me out of the room so he could get changed. I went back down the hall to my room and changed into some old leggings and a long shirt, before wandering into the bathroom and rummaging around for an extra toothbrush. Quickly I took my makeup off and then laid the extra toothbrush on the counter, going back down the hall to find Aston. He was sat on the edge of the bed, messing with his phone, but when I came he set it down and looked up at me.

“I put an extra toothbrush on the counter in the bathroom,” I said. “It’s at the end of the hall you can use it whenever you want.”

“Thanks,” he smiled.

“Listen, I’m going to go make a hot drink and watch some TV for a bit,” I said. “You can join me if you want.”

“Sounds perfect,” he said, getting up and following me. Quietly we wandered into the kitchen and made two hot chocolates, before taking them into the lounge and flipping the TV on quietly. I plopped down on the couch next to Aston, our shoulders touching. I looked over at him smiling and then grabbed his hand, linking my fingers with his loosely. We sat and watched TV for awhile, sipping on our hot chocolates and sharing the occasional sneaky kiss. An hour passed and we eventually went up to bed.

“Night Ast,” I whispered as I left him in the guest room.

“Night babe,” he whispered back, grabbing my hips gently and pressing his lips against mine gently. “Love you,” he added before stealing one last kiss and then releasing me. 

My heart was fluttering like crazy, “Love you too,” I smiled. I don’t think I could ever get tired of hearing that. With that I left the guest room and shut the door behind me, a silly grin on my face. I wandered down the hall to my room, shutting the door, turning out the light, and climbing into bed. Nothing in the world could have prepared me for what had just occurred over the last few hours. When I had woken up that morning I was pretty depressed, everything had fallen out of my favor completely. But Aston had turned it all around for me, just by showing up at my parents place with a card that I’d dropped years ago.

Turning over in bed my mind was spinning. I don’t think I’d ever felt this elated in my entire life. He’d told me he loved me. He was in love with me. At this very minute, in the middle of the night, all I wanted to do was jump out of bed and dance around my room. I was so happy.