Part 39

It was now Friday morning and I’d begrudgingly got up early to go over to Jen’s for a brew and a catch up. Her boyfriend was out of town for the weekend and she’d insisted I come over and give her all the gossip.

“So what did you and Ast get up to last night?” asked Jen as we sat in her front room and sipped tea.

“What do you mean?” I asked with an innocent face.

“You’re an hour late, and you look hungover to hell,” she laughed.

“We just had a quiet night in,” I said.

“Yeah and got blasted by the looks of it, babe you can’t fool me,” she prodded. I could feel my cheeks starting to burn red. “Tell meeee…”

“So Ast may have invented a new game last night…” I said quietly.

“Really? And what was this new game?” asked Jen with a mischievous look in her eye.

I mumbled a few words and then busied myself with my tea.

“I didn’t hear you, say it louder.”

“Strip FIFA ok!” I said. As soon as the words came out of my mouth I watched Jen’s eyes go wide and I buried my face in my hands. “You can’t say anything…”

“So you’re telling me, the pair of you got wasted and played ‘Strip FIFA’? Really Jess? How on earth did you agree to that?”

“Ugh I don’t know, but it’s as bad as it sounds. He had me out of my clothes in less than an hour… And he had a handicap…”

“Which was?”

“He started in only his boxers,” I groaned, incredibly embarrassed.

“Oh god Jess,” laughed Jen. “You two are so much trouble when you’re together.”

“We really are…” I sighed, thinking back on the evening…

--

The Night Before

“Babe I made you a drink,” said Aston as I laid our dinner out on the counter in the kitchen and grabbing some cutlery from the drawer. It was Thursday night and we were enjoying a quiet night in together before Aston had to head off for another long weekend on tour.

“What’s this?” I asked, eyeing up the drink that was now sitting before me.

“We don’t have any wine or beer so I made us cocktails,” he smiled sweetly.

I gave him a weird look before sitting down next to him. We ate in silence for a minute and then I took a sip of my drink, almost spitting it out.

“Babe, what is this?” I asked.

“Rum and coke…” he said.

“More like rum and rum!” I replied passing him the glass. He took a sip and his eyes grew wide at how strong it was. “You trying to get me drunk Merrygold?” I asked as I took the glass back.

“No… I honestly didn’t think it would be that strong! Although, now that you suggest it, maybe that’s not such a bad idea.”

“Why? So you can take advantage of me?”

“Maybe,” he smirked before continuing to eat his meal. As we finished up we continued to bicker about the drinks, while at the same time downing them in their entirety. “Another babe?” he asked cheekily as I got up to rinse our plates.

“Go on then, but you better behave!” I laughed.

We sat around the kitchen for the next half hour, sipping on our drinks and chatting away about random things. When our second round was done, Aston got up to make a third… At the rate we were going I was going to get well hammered, which is where I ended up before long.