Part 19

We ended up in a club with a Caribbean theme, enjoying mojitos and dancing to some excellent island music. As the night wore on Aston and I kept getting closer and closer together. We’d started out by just dancing side by side, and then holding each others hands, until we were pretty much grinding with each other. The drink probably didn’t help the situation much.
As we pushed into the early hours of morning and the DJ changed over to a popular DJ that I’d worked with in the past, I excused myself and went to find the ladies room. After doing what I had to do I walked back out to the club, only to have my wrist grabbed harshly from behind, stopping me in my tracks.
“You little slag…” said a voice behind me.
Trying to pull my arm from the tight grip I turned to see Charlie stood there with some of his friends. “Charlie let go,” I said, through gritted teeth.
“No,” he said. He was obviously quite drunk and I was able to twist my hand out of his grip rather easily. “Who do you think you are, coming to my clubs with some pretty boy.”
“Who do you think you are, telling me what I can and can’t do?” I retorted.
Just then I felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist and pull me back. “Let’s go babe,” said a soft voice in my ear. Aston.
“No,” I said, squirming in his grip but failing to get free. “I want to tell this idiot where to shove it…”
I could feel Aston lifting me off the ground and physically carrying me out of the situation.
“That’s right, get pretty boy to carry you away,” I heard Charlie slur after me. “You’re never going to set foot in one of my clubs again,” he added.
“Ast put me down,” I said through gritted teeth. “Let me smack him one.”
“Babe just chill,” he said. “It’s not worth it.”
“Yes it is, he’s been harassing me for months. I need to put him in his place.” At that moment Aston set me down on the ground.
“Stay here,” he said quickly, striding back into the crowd.
I stood for a moment trying to piece together what on earth was going on before Aston came walking back towards me, grabbing my hand and dragging me to the exit of the club.
“What did you do?” I asked him, trying to keep up.
“Sorted him out,” Aston replied simply. 
“You didn’t hit him did you?”
“No, but I did say some rather pointed things, and would not like to stick around to see how he interprets them.”
We burst out of the club and then walked quickly down the street, ending up back at the beach. I kicked my heels off and walked in the sand as Aston pulled me along behind him. When we were sure we were in the clear we slowed our pace down a bit.
I started laughing out of the blue when I thought back to what had just happened. Not ten minutes ago we’d been dancing away in the club, and now we were halfway down the beach!
“What?” said Aston, looking at me funny.
“Just ridiculous,” I said. “Look at you, defending my honor,” I said, before playfully squeezing his cheek.
“That’s what I’m here for,” he smirked.
“Awww my knight in shining armor!” I laughed. “Almost literally! The way you practically carried me all the way out of the club.”
“I actually that you were going to start a brawl for a second,” he said seriously. “You’re feisty aren’t you?”
“Just a little,” I said, drawing closer to him, giggling away while my head spun slightly from the drink. 
My breath caught in my throat a bit as I realized how close together we were standing. I looked into his eyes and then nervously down to his lips, before glancing back up to his eyes. Before I could even think about what was going on his lips crashed against my own and his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. I responded immediately to his kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck pulling him even closer to me.
The kiss broke after a few moments when the both of us started grinning. I couldn’t help it. It was just so right.
“That was…” I started. But before I could finish we were at it again. This kiss was much more passionate, and pretty soon we’d both let our tongues get involved. There we stood, on the moonlit beach of LA, three years of nothing immediately thrown to the side. It was the perfect reunion.
As we continued to kiss on the beach I could feel things escalating quickly. Hands started to roam and kisses became more and more intimate. After a few minutes Aston broke the kiss, placing his hand on my cheek. “Come back to my hotel?” he whispered. I just stared at him for a second, mulling it over in my head. “Only if you want to,” he added nervously.
“Of course I want to come,” I said, finally accepting the fact that even though I’d just spent three years trying to get over this guy, I was absolutely not over him. I could never be. As soon as I answered his question he pressed his lips against mine again, and then grabbed my hand, dragging me off down the beach.
“Woah there!” I laughed, following closely behind. “Don’t be so eager!”