Part 7

Aston’s POV

I’d finally found her in the club and we were having a nice general chat, just starting to catch each other up on the last few years. It was comfortable and there was no tension or pressure around it, we were both definitely more mature than we had been three years ago.

But then as I was sitting there talking to her this sleazy looking guy came up and wrapped his arms around her, kissing her neck.

My heart fell. I didn’t even think that she could maybe be with someone else. Why did I care so much? It wasn't like we were together... we hadn't even seen each other in almost three years let alone talked. 

The guy whispered something in her ear, I think it was “Been looking for you everywhere.” Yup, they were definitely a thing. I felt strangely sad about this.

Quietly I tried to slide off my chair and slip out of the way, but I was stopped by Jess when she sharply kicked my shin and gave an ever so slight shake of her head.

“Listen, I’ll be over in a few minutes ok?” she said to the guy loudly. “Just giving this fan here some tips about mixing. You go join your friends and I’ll be there in a sec,” she smiled. It seemed a bit contrived though, and she was flat out lying to the guy! Who was she these days? She'd just called me 'some fan'.

“Sounds good,” said the guy leaning in and giving Jess a slobbery kiss on the cheek. I watched as he walked into the crowd towards the VIP section of the club.

“He watching?” asked Jess quietly after a few moments had passed.

“No…” I started, but I couldn’t finish my thought because Jess had jumped off her stool and grabbed her bag.

“Right come on,” she said grabbing my arm and pulling me in the opposite direction of the guy. I had no clue what was going on, I just let her lead me through the crowd and then through a door where she let go of my arm but kept walking. It took me a second to realize that we were in the backstage part of the club, and pretty soon we were in a small room that I could only guess was her dressing room.

“Take this,” she said passing me a big heavy case. I watched as she grabbed another, her bag in her other hand.

Stealthily she poked her head out in the hallway, getting the attention of a huge burly guy stood at the end of the hall. I watched as she made some hand signals to him, and then she turned to me with a cheeky glint in her eye.

“Ready?” she asked.

“For what?” I said, “What the hell is going on?”

“Go…” she said, before she burst out of the room and ran as quickly down the hall as she could with the big case.

We got to the man that she’d been signaling to, slowing down as he let us out a side door into the back parking lot of the club.

“Giving Charlie the dip again?” he asked.

“You know me so well,” said Jess with a smirk. “Thanks Mike.”

“Anytime,” he said, shutting the door again.

I followed as Jess walked over to a normal looking black car, digging around in her bag for a set of keys. She popped the boot; throwing the case she was carrying in and then taking the case off my hands and throwing it in as well. Slamming the boot, she walked round to the driver’s door of the car, pulling it open.

“You coming?” she asked, nodding towards the passenger side.

Without thinking I scrambled into the passenger seat. What is going on was the only thought screaming through my head.