Part 44

I spent the day making sure that I had everything sorted out at the studio. I’d had a few calls since the Tinie Tempah record had dropped, and had booked in a few minor acts beginning late the following week, and I had Alexandra Burke coming in for another round of writing in the coming weeks. I was excited to get the ball rolling on the whole studio thing.

As I sat in my little office, tweaking the website that I’d been trying to make for the last few days, my phone started buzzing.

“Hello?”

“Hi Jessica, this is Jeremy, I’m with Tinie Tempah’s management.”

“Oh hi Jeremy, how are you?”

“Great thanks. Listen, we were wondering if you’d be available to do some additional writing and recording with Tinie in the next few weeks.”

“Sure,” I said, grabbing my diary.

“Here’s the hitch, Tinie is touring around the US a bit right now, so ideally we’d like to fly you out and meet him. We can sort out a studio and all of that.”

I took a deep breath, “I’m sorry I can’t,” I said.

This was the major downside to being deported from the US, I wasn’t allowed back in the country anytime soon. Technically I wasn’t supposed to come back for ten years, but because my infringement had been relatively minor I could contest it and get my penalty lessened. I was planning on doing this, but I just hadn’t gotten around to it yet.

“That’s too bad then,” said Jeremy on the other end.

“It’s not that I don’t want to,” I cut in. “I just had some visa trouble recently and I’m not going to be able to travel to the States for a few months at least, until its sorted.”

“Oh I understand,” said Jeremy.

“Listen, I know before I didn’t have a studio or anything, but I’ve actually got one here in London now, so if you wanted to set up some time later on when Tinie is back I would love to work with him again.”

“That sounds great Jessica,” said Jeremy. We sat and chatted for a bit longer and fixed some dates at the end of the following month for Tinie to meet with me in the studio. I was buzzing with excitement over this, and as soon as I got off the phone I busied myself packing up my things and ready to head home. I had two hours still until Aston came round to pick me up to head up to Scotland, so I zipped home to pack some clothes and have a bite to eat.

I was sitting at the kitchen counter awhile later when I heard the door to the garage slam and a voice shout “Where you at sexy?” throughout the house.

“In the kitchen,” I replied, turning in my seat just in time to see Aston come in.

“Have a good day?” he asked, placing a kiss on my cheek.

Fervently I nodded my head, “Yes, booked some more time with Tinie Tempah today.”

“Look at you, my little star producer,” he grinned, kissing my cheek again.

“You hungry?” I asked, indicating that there was more food on the stove.

“Thanks babe,” he smiled, dishing some up and sitting next to me. “You excited for Scotland?”

“Should be a lot of fun! Did you know, and I just realized this, I haven’t seen you guys perform live at all since your X Factor rehearsal days!”

“Seriously?” asked Aston, a look of shock on his face. I could tell he was thinking it over for a minute, “You’re right,” he said.

“Yes, so I’m very very excited for this weekend,” I replied.