Part 34

Jess’ POV

To say I was embarrassed when Marvin walked in on Aston and I full on making out in his kitchen was an understatement. I was actually mortified.
Here was a guy who basically said I was a slag a few weeks back, and the first thing he sees from we when I run into him again? Me making out with Aston.
Well the boys talked I buried my face in Aston’s chest, willing everything to go away and go back in time to five minutes prior. I would certainly do without the make out if I had another go at things.
“Jess can I have a word?” asked Marvin, stunning me out of my place.
Slowly I poked my head out from where it was shielded by Aston and nodded my head, “Sure.”
I watched as Marvin sat down at one of the stools at the counter, feeling the need to join him. Slowly I extracted myself from Aston’s grip and shuffled over to sit next to him.
“I’ll just go…” said Aston quietly.
“No Ast, I want you to hear this too,” said Marvin.
I was incredibly nervous as to what on earth he could be thinking. I didn’t want to get a telling off from him, that was for certain. What was going on between Aston and I was just that, between Aston and I.
“Listen, I owe you an apology. Both of you,” started Marvin. I could feel my jaw hit the floor, but I let him continue. “It wasn’t fair of me to assume that Aston had only called you up in LA for a quick shag. I didn’t know what was going on and it wasn’t my place to insert my opinion like that. I just wanted to tell you that I’m sorry for everything,” he said sincerely.
I felt a smile creep on my face and I leaned forward and gave Marvin a hug, “Apology accepted Marv,” I smiled. “To be fair, everything did seem a bit questionable,” I sighed. "And Aston and I have had a long talk about everything that happened in LA and how we would do things differently. I don't really think any of what happened between us was your fault in the least, but its nice of you to apologize nonetheless."
“I know it's between you two, so I just want you to know that I won't insert myself like that again,” he said. “Plus, you’re actually the only person in the world that can keep this boy’s attention so I really shouldn’t be getting in the way. Could do with some taming this one,” he said nodding his head in Aston's direction. I turned to look at Ast to see he had a massive scowl on his face.
It softened as I grinned at him and begrudgingly he responded, “Ok that might be true, but…”
“Leave it there babe,” I laughed, cutting him off.
“And Ast,” said Marvin turning to his band mate. “I owe you an apology too. I wasn’t the supportive band mate that you needed, I’m sorry for that.”
“It’s ok Marv,” sighed Aston as Marvin stood up to give him a man hug.
“All three of us good?” I asked the pair. I received two nods and then I pulled them both towards me in a big group hug. “Ok, then let’s go see the others, I’m sure they’re wondering what on earth we’ve gotten up to.”
I wandered out to the front room where I was received with a big hug from both JB and Oritse. “Long time Jess, you good?” asked Oritse.
“I am,” I smiled. “Hit a bit of a rough patch, but everything is getting back on track with the help of this one here,” I said pointing at Aston. I looked around the room and saw the two girls that had been there earlier, I still hadn’t been introduced to them yet. Aston quickly noticed this and stood up.
“Oh and girls, this is Jess,” he said sweetly. “Jess this is Rochelle,” he said pointing to a tall tan skinned girl, “And this is Chloe,” he concluded pointing to a blonde. I smiled at both of them giving an awkward wave, and then I sat down on the couch next to Aston. Instantly his arm went around my shoulder, pulling me close to him. At first I felt slightly awkward, but I went with it as Aston had.
“So you’re together?” asked JB.
I nodded my head but didn’t dare say anything yet. Aston pretty much did the same, helpful boyfriend he was being!
“I caught them pretty much eating each other’s faces off in the kitchen,” laughed Marvin after a second.
“Marv!” said Aston shocked. I felt my cheeks go red and just buried my face into his chest again. “I thought you said you were going to stay out of it!”
“Yeah,” said Marvin, “But I can still embarrass you where embarrassment is due! You’ve done it to Rochelle and I on countless occasions!”
“Fair enough,” mumbled Aston, defeated.
“So Jess, how did you end up here?” asked Rochelle after a little more banter between the boys. “From what I’ve heard about you, you were away in LA or something…”
“Yeah…” I sighed, sitting up and looking at Aston.
“Go on,” he said quietly, encouraging me to tell my story.
And with that I leant back into his arms and told them everything. From getting fired, to getting deported, to the Tinie Tempah record, to ending up at Aston’s house.
“Sounds like quite the rollercoaster,” said JB after I’d finished.
“Yeah, it’s been a tough couple of weeks, but I think its turned out for the better,” I smiled as I looked up at Aston. Without pause he quickly pressed his lips against mine in a sweet kiss. I could hear everyone aweing in the background.
“I thought you were here to watch football?” I interrupted after pulling away from Aston, trying to divert attention away from us.
“What time is it?” asked Aston. Quickly he dug in his pocket for his phone and peered at the screen, and then let out a sigh of relief. “We’ve got ten minutes yet boys,” he said. “Scared me for a second there Jess.”
I just shrugged my shoulders as the boys got up to relocate downstairs to where the big TV was. The girls weren’t really interested in the football and moved off to the kitchen to chat. I lingered back until Aston came up and wrapped his arms around my waist.
“You can join them if you want,” he whispered in my ear.
“You sure,” I asked, turning my head so I could see his face.
“Totally fine. They’re lovely girls,” he added before pecking my cheek and heading off downstairs.
I wandered off to the kitchen to see the girls sat at the counter.
“Pull up a stool Jess,” smiled Rochelle warmly, digging around in her bag. “Brought my secret weapon,” she said as she pulled out a bottle of wine, and then another. “This is the best medicine for football night,” she giggled.
I helped her open one of the bottles and we poured it out and sat chatting in the kitchen, sipping on wine.
“It’s so weird to see Aston with a girl,” said Chloe after awhile.
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“Gosh, I’ve known him for like three years now, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen him anywhere near a girl,” laughed Chloe.
“What really?” I asked.
“Yeah, I can’t think of a single time I’ve ever seen him kiss anyone but his mum. And then bam, multiple kisses for you in just minutes.”
“I know what you mean,” added Rochelle taking a long gulp of wine. “Marv and I used to try and set him up with my girlfriends but he wasn’t having any of it. Seriously, went out of his way to find a flaw in every single one of them, even though some of them would have been great for him!”
I just smiled awkwardly at this, staring down at my glass. Had Aston really not had eyes for anyone since me? I found that hard to believe.
“That’s how I know about you…” added Rochelle. “One night after we had another failed double date I heard Marv mumbling about how ‘Jess had really done a number on him.’ Of course I had to know everything so Marv told me all about how you two had lived together and ended up getting together and stuff. About how Aston was absolutely gutted when you moved away because he was in love with you and that.”
Just hearing them talk about how Aston had been, I kept feeling more and more guilty for leaving in the first place…