Part 16

After shopping Aston dropped me off at my flat, promising to pick me up in two hours to go to dinner and then out for the evening. I wasn’t entirely sure what to expect, but I was oddly excited about it.
I made myself a quick cup of tea and then went up to my room to sort myself out, having a quick wash and then drying my hair. I pulled some of it back with a clip and left the rest of it to hang down my back. I slipped on some underwear and then search my wardrobe for a good top to match my skirt, settling on a slightly loose black vest top made of a silky material. Pairing it with the skirt I looked at myself in the mirror, happy with my purchase. I finished off the look with some smoky eyes, black heels and the necklace Aston had bought me.
Just as I was finishing dumping things into my bag I heard a knock at my door.
“Yeah?” I asked.
I turned to see the knob twist and Kristen came into my room, shutting the door behind her.
“Oh my god, he is so hot,” she said, before stopping and looking at me. “Oh my god, so are you!!!” she squealed looking me up and down.
“Thanks,” I said, “He’s here already? That was fast…”
“And he’s here because?” asked Kristen.
“We’re going out tonight,” I said simply.
“Out? Like out out? As in on a date out?”
“I don’t know, just out…” I said, confused. I still couldn’t figure out if this was meant to be a just friends thing or a date thing. They way he’d brought it up seemed like more of a date thing, but we weren’t really at that point. I was so confused about all of it. “Listen, I should head down,” I said, grabbing my bag.
“Yeah, don’t want to leave Lover Boy waiting,” giggled Kristen behind me. I just shoot her a glare before going down the stairs.
Aston was sitting in the living room, fiddling with his phone. He was wearing some dark jeans and a blue button up shirt, most of the buttons undone.
“Hey Ast,” I said as I entered the room. 
Immediately he got up and gave me a kiss on the cheek. “Hey babe,” he replied. “The skirt looks great,” he added with a cheeky wink.
“Shut up,” I laughed, smacking his arm.
“You ready?” he asked.
“Yup,” I said. I shouted goodbye to Kristen as we went out to Aston’s car. 
“So I got us a dinner reservation near my hotel, and then we can figure out what we want to do from there. Figure we can ditch the car too…” he said with a smirk.
“So we’re proper going for it tonight then!” I laughed.
“Well… don’t want to do anything stupid,” he responded.
We parked up at the restaurant, a cute little bistro near the beach, and were immediately taken to a table in the back upon arrival. The restaurant stood on the line pretty closely between being a family place and a couples place. The dim lighting definitely lead to a slightly romantic atmosphere, but the menu was more family oriented.
After ordering a bottle of wine and some starters Aston and I sat and chatted about what we wanted to do that night, deciding that we wanted to find a good club to dance at. I knew a few in the area from DJing, so we figured we’d wander around and see which looked to be the most promising, particularly since it was a rather hot evening.
We joked around over our main courses and then we decided to order desserts. We agreed that we needed to get fueled for the night ahead of us.
While we sat waiting for our desserts a silence fell between us. I looked across the table at Aston to see him staring at me, again. I raised my eyebrows at him and he just smirked a little, his eyes twinkling.
“Ast what is this?” I asked suddenly.
“What is what?”
“This? Tonight. What are we doing?”
He just sat and stared at me for a minute. “I… I don’t know. What do you want this to be?”
I just shrugged my shoulders. I had no idea what I wanted it to be. I was too busy denying any and all feelings I still had for this boy.
“Well…” he started, picking his words carefully. “I know what I want it to be…”
“What’s that?” I asked, nervous.
“I want this to be a perfect night, with the most perfect girl, in her perfect purple skirt,” he smiled as he said the last part.
I could feel myself blush deeply. “So this is a date?” I asked.
“Only if you are ok with that,” he replied, staring at me.
Was I ok with this?