thirty seven.

Daniel was blasting music and singing his heart out as we drove to our first place. The breeze was cool and the weather was warm. Daniel slowed down in a parking lot outside of a shop. "This is Uncle Louie's shop called Louie Larusso's Music. He sells records, instruments, you name it," Daniel said unbuckling his seatbelt. "I wanted to bring you here because I know how much you love music, especially records." Daniel led me into the shop. He fiddled with my fingers as we walked in. I was amazed. The inside of the shop was decorated in brightly colored furniture and vines. There were records along the shop walls that complemented the white walls. It had a homey feel, I liked it. "This is stunning," I said to Daniel as I stared in awe. "It really is. Uncle Louie decorated the place himself and the business has been in the family for years. Follow me, I wanna show you something." Daniel grabbed my hand and ran towards the back of the store. "Where are we going?" I asked. Daniel covered my eyes with his hands. "It's a surprise."

I carefully followed Daniel into a room of some sort. "When can I look?" I asked. "Now." Daniel removed his hands from my eyes revealing a room more extravagant then the shop itself. The room was surrounded by plants and books. Lots and lots of books. I heard a record player in the background playing Cruel Summer. I watched as Daniel started to dance to the music. "Come dance with me," Daniel implied. "Okay, but just a warning, I'm horrible at dancing." "I'll be the judge of that." Daniel moved close to me.  He suddenly began twisting and turning around me. He grabbed my hands and shifted them back and forth. He started to dance like Elvis Presley, holding an invisible guitar. I did my own dance. "Not so bad," he said. "You're not too shabby yourself, Larusso" I laughed. He spun me around multiple times and dipped me. His eyes poured into mine. I had the sudden urge to kiss him, he looked so prefect and the moment was just right. I leaned in, wrapping my arms around his neck as he did with my waist. "Ahem," a voice echoed. I turned to see Uncle Louie standing in the corner, smiling. "Hi y/n, Daniel. By no means, continue. I just had to get some papers." I bit the inside of my cheek, trying to keep myself from laughing. I felt my cheeks go bright red from embarrassment. I looked to see Daniel was flustered as well. He looked down at the ground smiling. He put his arm around me. "Let's go look at records before something else happens," he whispered.

I began looking around at all the records on the wall. I had a specific one in mind that I was looking for. It was Cruel Summer and it was the only one I needed in my collection. "Hey Daniel, you think you could help me look for the record of Cruel Summer?" I asked him. "Yeah of course. I'm paying though." I rolled my eyes. "No, Daniel. I won't let you. You've payed for so much on this trip for me. It's time I pay for my own stuff." He rolled his eyes. "That's because you're my girlfriend, y/n and I love you. Just let me pay, please." "Okay, fine. This once." 

I had found the Cruel Summer record in less than 10 minutes with the help of Daniel's hawk eyes. I was standing at the front of the line with Daniel when I turned around to see a familiar face. It was Judy. My eyes widened. I nudged Daniel's side. "Judy's behind us," I whispered. "Shit," he whispered back." "Go wait in the car and I'll pay for this. I don't want her to see you. She'll try to start something." My eyebrows knitted together. "What? No." He shoved the keys in my arms. "Yes, now go." I turned on the car and watched in the window as Daniel payed for the record. Judy didn't know it was him, thankfully. She had caused enough drama the last time we had an outburst. I leaned my head against the window as Daniel sat in the car. "What's wrong?" he asked handing me the record. "I'm homesick." He kissed my temple, his hair grazing my forehead. "We'll be home soon. We only have a couple more days here," he smiled. I knew he was trying to be positive. "I love you," he said. "I love you too."