twelve.

As the weekend passed and Monday approached, I felt alone. Without Daniel by my side, things were rough. He was my always and I was his.

Monday morning was rough. As I arrived at school I spotted Ali and Daniel on the soccer field. They were both laughing and cracking jokes. He looked much happier without me. Walking into class I spotted Zach. "Y/n! Sit by me." I smiled slightly and took a seat beside him. "Thank you for letting me sit beside you" I said. "It's no problem. You seem cool to talk to and hang out with." "You could say that" I laughed. Me and Zach talked for most of the period until the bell rang. "You wanna sit beside me at lunch?" he asked "Yeah, if you don't mind. I'm probably annoying." "No way! Your the coolest person I know" he replied.

As I entered the cafeteria, I spotted Zach getting his food in line. I hurried by him. "Hey y/n!" "Hey Zach." He looked down at my tray. "Not very hungry today, huh?" "I don't really care for school lunch, I'm not a very hungry person either." He nodded and gestured me to sit down beside him. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted Daniel and Ali. "You okay?" Zach asked "Yeah, I just saw my ex with Ali." "Daniel? He doesn't deserve you. Your better off without him." "He looks so happy with her though. Maybe I just wasn't good enough." Zach jerked his head towards me. "Hey, don't think like that. You are good enough, he's just too much of a douche to see that." I laughed at his joke. He made me feel a lot better. We spent most of the lunch period taking about our families and getting to know each other. We had a lot more in common than I thought.

I walked by myself home. Usually I tried avoiding the beach when I walked home but this time I felt like being alone and hearing the water. Seeing the beach might actually be nice. I sat down in the sand and watched the waves crash against each other. I thought about the first time Daniel had told me that he loved me. I started to cry. 'What ever happened to always?' Seeing Daniel and Ali laughing made me feel a sense of guilt for breaking up with him. It was my fault after all. I got jealous, but at the same time I had a right to since I'm his girlfriend. Was his girlfriend, I thought. The thought of him dating someone other than me made me sad. I had convinced myself I was going to marry him. Daniel is the type of guy that you can look at and call your soulmate. He's really that amazing. The thought of him being my husband made me smile. The smile soon faded though. I got up and brushed the sand off of me. I took a deep breath inhaling the salty air. I went to see Mr Miyagi.

"Y/n!" Mr Miyagi shouted "Hi Mr Miyagi!" "How did dance go?" he asked "I actually came to tell you that, well me and Daniel broke up." Hearing his name made me cry. "Oh. Y/n no need to cry. It will be okay" he said giving me a hug. "Thank you Mr Miyagi." "What happened?" he asked handing me a tissue and a soda. "I found Ali and Daniel kissing. She's been jealous of me and his relationship so I told him that we need to break up because if we don't, she'll get in the way of our relationship." Mr Miyagi sighed. "Daniel-san loves y/n and y/n loves Daniel-san, right?" "Right" I replied. "Time will come for you two to be together, I promise. Give it time to work itself out. He will come back to you and you will come back to him" He smiled. I thanked Mr Miyagi again and headed home to get some rest. I noticed that my mom was home. I walked in and noticed the smell of Spaghetti, my favorite meal of all time. "Y/n honey, I cooked your favorite!" I heard my mom say "This looks delicious" I said sitting down. It had been such a long time since me and my mom had actually sat down and ate dinner together. It felt nice. "You should invite your boyfriend over for dinner" she said "He's a charming boy with great manners. You guys deserve the world" she added. I got quiet. "What's wrong?" she asked. "Me and him actually broke up on Friday. " "I'm so sorry. I remember my first break up, it was horrible. Just let me know if you need anything at all. I'm always here for you, honey" she grabbed me and pulled me into a hug.

Later that night I couldn't sleep. I had so much on my mind. It felt weird laying in the bed by myself. For the last three months I had gotten used to Daniel cuddling me at night and being with me but now he was gone. I probably meant nothing to him now which I couldn't hate the thought of. We were strangers now.