thirty four.

I woke up to Daniel shaking me. "Y/n, babe get up" Daniel said. I smiled. He rubbed my cheek. "Okay, okay fine. I'm up," I said jumping out of the bed. I quickly brushed my hair and threw on some shoes. "Let's go," he said grabbing my hand. 

We sat in the back seat of the taxi. I began to think about meeting Daniel's family and how nervous I was. "Hey, you alright?" Daniel asked. "You've been quiet for awhile." It had been awhile since I'd talked, I was so deep in my thoughts. "Yeah, I'm just nervous about meeting your family that's all." His eyes connected with mine. He lifted up my chin. "I can promise you that they'll love you," he said pecking my lips. 

"We're at your destination," the taxi driver said. " Alright thanks." Daniel handed him a $5.00 tip. We stood at the front door, I could hear laughter. "Don't be nervous, alright?" Daniel said grabbing my hand. I noticed he had grabbed it tight to comfort me. I nodded. He opened the door. Inside revealed several different people. Too many people. I was already overwhelmed. "There's my favorite nephew!" I head a voice say. "Uncle Louie!" Daniel said hugging the man. "Uncle Louie this is my girlfriend, Y/n." I smiled politely shaking his hand. "Nice to meet you y/n," he said putting his hand on my back leading me towards the kitchen. "Everyone, this is Daniel's girlfriend y/n!" he shouted catching everyone by surprise. All eyes turned on me. Suddenly, many people were hugging me. "Hi, I'm Daniel's aunt Natalie. Nice to finally meet you, you're absolutely gorgeous by the way." I turned to see a tan girl. She had long brown hair and brown eyes. She resembled Daniel. "Hi, thank you so much." "Here, come sit by me. I can tell we're going to be the bestest of friends." I laughed sitting beside her. "So, where are you from?" she asked. "I'm from California. I've lived there almost all my life. I was three when I moved there with my mom after my parents got a divorce." "That sounds amazing. I've always wanted to go to Cali. It seems fun." "Eh, It's nothing too exciting. If you ever do come, I'll be the first to give you a tour." We exchanged smiles.

It had been almost an hour since I had last seen Daniel. Me and Natalie had been talking, learning lots of things about each other. I had learned that Natalie lived in Newark all her life, she and Daniel are very close, and she loves the color orange. "Hey, I'll be back. I'm going to go find Daniel," I said to Natalie. "Okay. I'll be here when you get back." I looked around the house to find no Daniel. I then thought to look outside. As I went to open the door, I heard two voices. One was Daniel's and one was a girl's. They seemed to be arguing. "I don't want you here. I came here to spend time with my family. I have a girlfriend now, Judy!" I heard Daniel say. 'Judy? Daniel has never mentioned a Judy before.'  I grew curios of who was outside. The argument continued, so to break it up I opened the door. In front of me I saw Daniel and a girl. She had long brown curly hair and green eyes that stood out. "I heard arguing," I said fiddling with my fingers. My eyes flickered back and forth between the two of them. "Babe, I-" Daniel began before the girl interrupted him. "You must be the infamous y/n. Daniel's girlfriend," she said interrupting him. "Yeah, I am. You are?" She looked me up and down, confused. "I'm Judy. Daniel's ex, his first love. I'm surprised Daniel hasn't mentioned me to you. I mean we're practically history." Her eyes shifted over to Daniel. "No, he hasn't. We came here to enjoy time with his family, not with you. If you'll excuse us, we have somewhere to be." I grabbed Daniel's arm shoving him inside. I took him into the bathroom where it was quit. "What the hell, Daniel?" I said practically shouting. "Babe I was gonna tell you but-" he started. "No, Daniel. You let me do the talking. What the hell is wrong with you? You bring me here to meet your family and all of the sudden you're outside arguing with your ex aka your first love? She just had to rub that in my face, didn't she?" I took a deep breathe, forcing myself on the wall.  "I'm going back to the hotel," I slammed the door. 

I was on the verge of tears as I sat in the back of the Taxi. Not because I was upset, but because I was angry. Daniel had never once mentioned her and it made me even more mad that he didn't tell me she lived in Newark. She knew how to get to me, and she did. Daniel had never mentioned her which hurt me the most. I thought I was his first love. We had done so much stuff that I didn't think he had done with anyone else. After all, he is my first love so I thought I was his. 

I stared at the ceiling wide awake. I could see the glow of the moon out of the window. I turned on my side so I could see the view better. The bed felt empty, cold. I missed Daniel and maybe I was being over the top, but I trusted him more. I thought he had told me everything, I was wrong. I closed my eyes trying to forget what had happened. I knew me and Daniel work everything out, we always did.