thirty five.

A/n- I'm posting another chapter because I know how invested you guys are in this book. I also have so so so many ideas on what to do with this book. Thank you guys for the reads/views <333

I sat on the bed reading a book. I wasn't really reading. I was just distracting myself from the previous night. I jumped at the noise of a knock at the door. Through the peephole I saw Daniel. He looked restless. I slowly opened the door. "Y/n," he tried t hug me. "No, Daniel. If you came here to talk, talk." He nodded. I opened the door revealing the slept in bed. We both sat on the bed. I sat on the far side. "I'm sorry. I had no idea she would show up last night. We broke up when I moved to California. I loved her, but I love you now. I moved on from her so I didn't think it mattered if I told you or not." I stared at him, blankly. "She was your first love, Daniel. I thought I was. Your my first love so I figured I-" I suddenly broke into tears. I felt Daniel wrap his arms around me. He held me tight, like he was going to lose me. "Shh, I'm here. I love you," he whispered.

We sat in silence. "Y/n, you may not be my first love but I feel like you are," he said breaking the silence. "Judy meant nothing to me. Half the stuff we do I've never done with her. You are so much of a better girlfriend than she ever was." We sat in silence for a few moments. "Well, I'm not your first love even though you make it seem like I am. I get it, but she'll always be your first love, not me. That's what hurts the most. Half the time you don't consider my feelings. I didn't date anyone because I was scared, scared of getting my heart broken. I was waiting until I knew I found the one, and I found you. That's why I care so much." I felt tears forming in my eyes again. "I need air," I said quickly getting up.

I stepped outside onto the balcony. I took deep breaths as I studied the view. I focused on the little details helping distract me. I felt guilty. I felt like I had just ruined our whole trip of being here. I'm glad I found out, but at the same time I'm not. For some reason, I always get hurt the most in situations. Maybe it's just the person I am or the way my life is, I'll never know. I felt bad for hurting Daniel, but he hurt me too. Every time we fight, we hurt each other in ways we don't mean to. We care about each other a lot, we just tend to fight. I guess fighting is the maintenance of a relationship, but I think the real reason we fight so much is because we care so much about each other that we keep things hidden.

I felt a hand on my waist. "Come here, slugger" Daniel said pulling me into a hug. I felt my body melt with the warmth of his. "Will Judy be around anymore?" I asked lifting my head on his shoulder. "No, I got rid of her." I nodded. "I hope I didn't ruin this trip." "Of course you didn't. Your feelings are just as valid." "I'm glad we always make up," I said. "Me too, slugger." I smiled. "I really like that nickname. You should call me it more." He kissed my forehead. "Okay, slugger." I closed my eyes, enjoying the moment. I felt the breeze hit my face. The air smelt of grass and vanilla. I listened to the cars passing by and Daniel's steady breathing. I felt the warm sun on my face. The moment was perfect and I was the luckiest girl alive to be in Daniel's arms. It was just me and him, no one else. Being alone with him was the best feeling ever. It's never awkward or uncomfortable, it's peaceful. He makes you feel at home with his tan skin, jet black hair, and baby browns. Every inch of him is perfect. His lips, his hair, his body, and his touch. His touch gives me goosebumps on my arms, my back, all over my body. I love him.