thirty six.

My head rested on Daniel's chest as he read me a book. His voice was  calming and sweet, like honey. Suddenly, he stopped reading. "What's wrong?" I asked him. He sat up. "I have a sudden craving for ice cream. I'm going to go get some, you want any?" he said slipping on his shoes. "You're such a weirdo, but your my weirdo. Yes, I want some" I laughed. He kissed me on the lips. "I'll be right back," he said in between the kiss. I nodded, watching him leave. 

A few minutes later, Daniel came in soaking wet. "It's raining," he said "but I got the ice cream" he smiled. He handed me an ice cream cup and sat down beside me. I watched as he sloppily ate the ice cream. "You've got a little something there," I pointed to his lips. "Really, where? Because if I do, I might need your help getting it off," he said kissing me. It slowly became a make out session. We both placed our ice cream on the side table, not breaking the kiss. Daniel is an amazing kisser, I'll say that.

 After a couple of minutes, Daniel laid his head on my stomach. I massaged his head and played with his hair. "That feels nice," he mumbled. "What are we doing tomorrow?" I asked still playing with his hair. "I wanted to show you around town. There's this little shop that my uncle Louie owns that I wanna take you too," he said. "That sounds fun." I then had an idea. I sat up. "Hey, where are you going?" he asked. I didn't say a word, I just walked towards the door. Then, I heard him get up. I bolted down the hotel hallway. I heard Daniel running towards me. I looked behind me to see no sight of him, so I stopped to catch  my breath. "Gotcha," Daniel said picking me up. He had came out of nowhere. He had me against the wall. "Put me down, Daniel. We're gonna get caught," I said trying to get out of his grip. "No way. You ran away from me, so this is your punishment." I rolled my eyes. Then he leaned in for a kiss. I swerved him. "That's not fair! Give me a kiss, now." I shook my head. "Not until you put me down." He put me down. I took off. This time, I made sure I was faster than him. I watched as he struggled to keep up with me. Our laughs echoed throughout the hallways. I finally gave out and stopped. He pinned me against the wall with nowhere to go. "Now that you can't run anywhere, give me a kiss." I tilted my head. "Fine," I leaned in. His lips crashed with mine. Our lips were stuck together like honey. I didn't want to be anywhere else, but with him. He made my stomach fill up with butterflies anytime he touched or stared at me. His touch was like a drug, an addiction. He made me feel wanted. 

Our fingers were intertwined and tangled together. I laid on the bed with my head in Daniel's lap. I listened to the pounding of the rain on the window. I smelled the strong scent of Daniel's cologne. His breath became slower and calmer. Soft snores escaped his mouth. I knew he was asleep. I laid awake staring at the window. I watched as the droplets raced down the window. My eyelids grew heavier. I closed my eyes, dreaming about him. 

I was woken up to the smell of waffles and bacon. I opened my eyes. I wiped the sleep from underneath my eyes. "Good morning, babe" Daniel  kissing my temple. "I ordered room service. I figured we could eat breakfast in bed. I ordered bacon, eggs, grits, fruit, and waffles." I yawned and stretched. "Thank you," I said biting into a piece of bacon. "Hurry and eat breakfast. I went ahead and picked out your outfit and everything so we can get going. I have so much I want to show you," he said. "Aw, you did that just for me?" I said pouting lip. "I know, right? I'm just the best, aren't I?" I licked the syrup off my fork. "yes, you are."

I took a quick shower and put the clothes on that Daniel had picked out for me. I quickly did my hair, not wanting Daniel to be waiting for too long. I stepped out to the bathroom to see Daniel reading a magazine. On the front were pictures of Patrick Swayze and his new movie that had just came out. "Do you think I could be an actor one day?" Daniel asked. "Yeah, of course. I believe you can  do whatever you want," I said fluffing my hair. Daniel stared at me in awe. "What?" I giggled. "You look so beautiful." I felt my cheeks warm up. I smiled. "Thanks, babe. You look very handsome. We should get going if you wanna show me around, c'mon." I grabbed his hand and lead him to the door. 

I sat in the car as Daniel turned the car on. "Welcome to Daniel's New Jersey tour in the city of Newark featuring your tour guide, Daniel." he said. I shook my head, smiling. "You're silly," I said buckling my seatbelt. "I'll take that as a complement," he kissed my lips.