Ch. 8 - Reunion of the Twin Stars (3)

"Promise we'll never be apart, alright, Athy?"

Munches were heard in Claude's office, Athanasia's hands stiffly bringing the jam cookie to her mouth

Munches were heard in Claude's office, Athanasia's hands stiffly bringing the jam cookie to her mouth. Arius was busily jamming chocolate biscuits into his mouth.

"If you do that, you'll get even chubbier cheeks than your sister," Claude comments after he watched the two.

He had just arrived back at the Palace when he already lost sight of Arius. The child came back in the arms of Vincent with Athanasia included.

Both were red, one having flushed cheeks while the other had a bruised forehead.

Arius had teased his sister when the two first met. In an embarrassing state, Athanasia had thrown a stray rock at the child.

Claude was first dumbfounded before he burst out in laughter. It was a rare sight, something Felix was even surprised to see as he patches Arius' wound.

It ended with the three having snacks, tea, and milk with each other.

Arius ceased his eating for a moment to give Claude a blank stare. The patch on his forehead had a hint of blood, some of his golden hair falling over it.

"Don't be like that, Papa," Arius grumbles without hesitation. He went back to eating while Athanasia shakily brought a cup of milk to her lips.

'Holy... What's this?! Are those two already so close enough to act like this?' A stray tear escapes her eyes. 'How envious. I spent nearly two years trying to get him not to kill me.'

A cookie then came into view. It had nuts included, the bread being goldish brown. "Nom, nom," Arius asserts with an adorable expression. Athanasia's heart shook for a moment while Claude sighs.

"Speak properly." Claude leans back into the couch, hands overlapping with each other.

"....."

The angelic face then became sour when he faced Claude. "Shut up," Arius declares fearlessly. "Come now, Athy. Ah~." He reverts while Athanasia froze in both fear and amazement.

The temperature dropped. It made Athanasia basically feel the frozen glare Claude gave.

Athanasia immediately took action. "A-ah!" She took the cookie into her mouth. "Ahmmm~! Shoo delishioush!" She proclaims with tears now pouring out her eyes.

Why aren't the two seeing her pain?

"D-daddy! It's alright! C-c-cookie is suuuuuper yummy!" Athanasia tearfully exclaims, savoring the sweets.

In exchange for her torture, Arius was pleased when Athanasia ate his cookie. His face brightened like the sun while Claude grumbles incoherent words.

'Ah.' Athanasia already began feeling drained. 'These two are going to be the death of me.'

An ominous Claude, a cheery Arius, and a silently crying Athanasia—this was what Felix stumbled upon when he came for a report.