Ch. 27 - Days before Perfection (1)

"Even when the stars collide, what matters the most is that the two of you are happy. Even if the people oppose it, even if God disagrees with it. I want the two of you to live a life of happiness, unlike me."

"Hmm

"Hmm..." Athanasia stares at herself from the mirror with a golden frame. Her hair was still damp, holding a white towel in her hands.

 Her hair was still damp, holding a white towel in her hands

A second later, red tainted her cheeks. "Ah~, I remember the two love birds flirting~," Athanasia mumbles in a sing-song voice.

Arius, who was writing at the desk beside Athanasia, chuckled at the unexpected declaration of his sister. "What was that about?" He leans against his hand, a finger tapping on the letter he was writing.

Athanasia shrugs, a cheeky grin on her lips. "Just because," she tells him, shifting her hips to the side.

Athanasia's figure was garnished in a lilac-colored nightgown, the designs being a shade darker.

Arius, on the other hand, adorned navy blue nightwear with his hair golden tresses tied in a short ponytail. The pink ribbon was courtesy of his sister.

"Brother~," Athanasia calls out, acting all cutesy.

His heart was pierced, though he didn't show it on his face. "What is it?" Arius was able to keep a straight face, voice not faltering a bit.

"Can dearest Big Brother brush my hair~?" Athanasia cups her cheeks in her hand, making her eyelashes flutter like butterfly wings. Her jeweled blue eyes gleamed like diamonds.

There was a momentary silence before Arius sighs. "Fine..." He acts so distantly, but deep within his heart, Arius was about to spoil his sister rotten and accept such requests without hesitation.

Arius stands on his feet, snatching a hairbrush from her dresser. Athanasia settles down on her cushioned stool, knees prompted up to her chest while relaxing.

 Athanasia settles down on her cushioned stool, knees prompted up to her chest while relaxing