Ch. 15 - Noble: scholars' war (5)

"I have been betrayed, bamboozled, and quite frankly defeated by my brother. I want to strangle him. But calm down, Athanasia, he's an ally. But still, where did he hear about Tokyo and golden hair?"

 But still, where did he hear about Tokyo and golden hair?"

"Er... Why don't you go with the b-boy to look for her?" Athanasia starts, stuttering a bit.

"Hmm...?" Ijekiel hums in confusion, questioning what she meant.

"That girl, Jennette. The boy was looking for her. Why didn't you join him?" Athanasia explains.

"I see you've heard everything," Ijekiel calmly begins, "To be honest, I am tired. Those two... They're an energetic duo. I will be leaving soon, and they've been playing more games often to make up for the days I'm gone."

"Hmm~, they must like you a lot," Athanasia comments, "Say, what is that girl, Jennette, like? The boy, can you also tell me?" Curiosity overcame her.

'Though I know what kind of person Arius is...' Her thoughts trail off.

"... She's a girl I must protect," Ijekiel hesitates in responding. A moment of silence before he adds, "And the boy, his eyes... He's the Crown Prince. My father said I must be loyal to him."

"Then shouldn't you join the two?" Athanasia wonders, peeking. 'What's with this reaction? Arius would be sad if he heard this.'

"I don't quite know... How... To keep up with them. I do want to play but it's hard to converse sometimes," Ijekiel elucidates with a small blush.

'Huh.' Athanasia's eyes widen. 'Ijekiel from the Novel was always written as a cool guy, like how the male lead should be.' The back of the Lovely Princess's Male Lead came to mind. 'But I guess he had a soft side like this as a kid. I want to tease him.'

"Pri... Lady Angel, how do you keep up with people?"

"How would I know?"

"Ah, was that too difficult of a question?"

"All my friends don't play anymore. We sit and watch. You know how old I am?"

"... Is that so?" His voice wavers in laughter, shocking Athanasia who hears the shake.

"What, what are you laughing at?" Athanasia implores.