Ch. 31 - Debutante Ball: his arrival (2)

"Let me tell you, Dearest Sister, you will one day set afoot upon your Haven. Fret not, for I shall be with you."

"Now, can your adorable little sister get an answer to how you got fairies to carry a portrait of Mother?" Athanasia quirks a brow

"Now, can your adorable little sister get an answer to how you got fairies to carry a portrait of Mother?" Athanasia quirks a brow. "And how did you even get a portrait of Mother. Let's add about how the people reacted at such a surprise, Arius."

At her scolding tone, Arius simply chuckled. This earned him pain through his foot that was stomped on by Athanasia's heeled shoe. "I-i'm sorry!" He declares with a white flag, "So please, stop! God that hurts..."

Athanasia giggles at his reaction. "Sorry, sorry," she says half-heartedly. Her lips were curved upwards, stifling a laugh from leaving

Arius pouts at this, speeding up the tempo a bit. Whenever Athanasia took a step back, he took a step forward. It was a perfect harmony for the two.

"Anyways, it seems as though my Lovely Brother has something better than Daddy," Athanasia began, grabbing her brother's interest

"Oh? What is it?" His jeweled eyes shined like stars, his gaze indicating his interest. "Is it perhaps the fact that I have a prettier face than him today?"

Athanasia could no longer restrain her laughter, the melodious sound filling the ballroom. "My, my~. Even if you grow up, you're still so childish Brother. Also, that entrance earlier was too much!"

Arius merely huffs, continuing to lead her in the ballroom. His right hand pulled Athanasia along, the other held her securely on the waist. "I like it," he declares with a puffed-out chest.

Athanasia grins. "Alright. But truthfully, no mistakes whenever I dance with you. Earlier, I was nearly embarrassing myself from stepping on Daddy's feet," she explains, her voice soft and barely audible.

"I wish I could have seen that scene!" Arius proclaims in a hushed tone, twirling to the right.

Blush rose to her cheeks, staining her ears as well. She heaves a breath, directing a heel to her brother's foot. Her attack was deflected, feeling her body being dipped by Arius. The male had a cheeky smile.