Ch. 26 - Blossoming rose (3)

"Rock, Rock, go away. Come again another day– this pretty Angel wants to play. Rock, Rock, go away. Rock, Rock, go away. Come again another day– the scary Princess wants to kill you~. Rock, Rock, go away."

"So

"So..." Athanasia glares daggers at the sweating Ijekiel, the Princess able to make sipping tea seem so terrifying. "You were visiting your cousin, Eclair? Not my best friend, Eclair?"

"Athy, that makes no sense," Eclair comments, calmly snacking on a jam-filled scone.

Athanasia ignores her words, focusing all her scrutiny on the white-haired male. Ijekiel felt cold in his seat, awkwardly accepting the sandwich Quitterie passed him.

 Ijekiel felt cold in his seat, awkwardly accepting the sandwich Quitterie passed him

"Answer me."

"Y-yes!" Ijekiel stutters out, nearly spilling his tea. He was able to bring it to his lips with no accidents, being uncomfortable under the jeweled stare. "I wasn't visiting your best friend, P-princess."

Just as Athanasia was about to implore more questions, Quitterie's laughter broke the tense atmosphere.

"Hahaha!" She turns over on her stomach, banging her fist on the table.

"Quitterie, please stop hitting the table." Omitted.

The blonde wipes away her tears, taking the handkerchief Ijekiel lent to her. "P-p-princess! Why are you being so scary right now?!" Quitterie asked between giggles.

At this, Athanasia huffs by puffing her cheek and crossing her arms.

'Like a chipmunk,' Eclair, who was ignored till now, thought with a gentle smile. 'How cute.'

"Oh, shush, Quitterie." Athanasia averts her stare, pouting as Quitterie gradually mellowed down.

Ijekiel pats Quitterie on her back, trying to help her settle her laughter. "Quitterie, do you need water?" His voice had an evident worry.

Quitterie shakes her hand. "N-nah," she utters, evening her breath, "Wow~, now I just felt as if I would die from laughing too much."

Ijekiel sighs at this, folding up his handkerchief before storing it in his pocket. "Princess, uh, forgive me? My father just needed to talk something with Eclair's mother," he explains.